• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Semi Finals

Athlai

Not Terrible
It was a piece of bravado to demonstrate how little I thought of South Africa's chances. Hope its not going to bite me tonight is all... And I nominated Murali because I'm planning a "eyes bulging" mid-delivery freeze frame kinda thing...
Is there any other way to think of Murali? :laugh:

Fiery

Banned
But I LIKE Watson. Why don't you put your money where your mouth is, and offer up a wager with Watson as your avatar as the stakes?
OK, I'll take you up on that. If Watson scores 50 or takes 3 or more wickets I'll have his avatar for a month. Any player you're ummm...not terribly fond of?

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
A question for SL fans.

If SL were to win the cup, who would you prefer to have beaten in the final?
Australia, no question. For so many reasons:

1. Class. They're unquestionably the best side in the world -- any WC win would be devalued without beating the best.

2. Smugness. They're such a smug bunch of buggers. I'd just love to see those self-satisfied grins wiped off Hayden, Ponting and Tait's faces.

3. History. The mighty Aravinda himself had one of the best all-round days ever in the '96 WC final. I'd LOVE it if Sanath repeated that in a few days' time.

However, who would I prefer SL to be playing? SA -- it would be an easier final :ph34r:

Matt79

Global Moderator
OK, I'll take you up on that. If Watson scores 50 or takes 3 or more wickets I'll have his avatar for a month. Any player you're ummm...not terribly fond of?
Ok - although owing to the closeness of the final, it will be a short-lived thing - unless Australia win of course.

I'll have the Kiwi player of your choice as my av for a month or until the Smith/Murali bet takes effect (I made them first).

Some terms and conditions however:
- I don't lose if Watson is not out, but less than 50, unless he's faced at least 70 deliveries.
- I don't lose if Watson come's in with less than 8 overs to go and scores whatever amount of runs he makes at more than a run a ball
- If he's injured during the match, bet's off.

So: in tonight's semi final - if Watson scores a 50 or takes 3 wickets (3? 2 would be more sporting), you have his picture as an avatar for a month.
If he doesn't, subject to the conditions I've listed above, I'll have the Kiwi player of your choice as my avatar for a month, or until either South Africa or Sri Lanka win the WC.

Sound fair?