Page 7 of 126 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Semi Finals

Quote Originally Posted by Francis View Post
    Auckland (worst city in NZ)
    I considered replying to this, but really I don't feel the need. And besides it would be a bit mean, after all not everyone's lucky enough to live in their favourite city in the world. I guess if you did, your location wouldn't be private.

Thought the NZ hatred might have been just a phase (ah the memories, "New Zealanders shouldn't be allowed to umpire" was a classic) but your material's growing a bit tired now. Don't even respect your opinions enough to find them offensive now.

I considered replying to this, but really I don't feel the need.
    And yet you replied?

Anyway, if you'd like to discuss something with me then I'm happy to give you my MSN addy so we can chat. I'm happy to have a constructive conversation with you. If your open to having a constructive talk, and not hard-set in your opinions without knowing me better, I'm sure we can work out any unpleasantries between us. If you ask ohtani's jacket, who is from New Zealand, he'll tell you I have the upmost respect for New Zealand and have never insulted his country. But it's up to you to not be so hard-set...

Anyway, I'd rather we not go off-topic in this thread.

Auckland's awesome tbh. If I lived in NZ it'd be there.
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

really ? lol.

Granted thats another topic all together

If I lived in New Zealand I'd want to meet one of those City Beat guys. First security or something.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Where's Graham Mourie from? I'd wanna live there... (yes we are now officially off topic)

Where's Graham Mourie from? I'd wanna live there... (yes we are now officially off topic)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taranaki

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    I don't think I'd find anybody who'd agree with me. But South Africa and Australia look like the two strongest teams in the comp... does anybody wish they weren't playing in the semi-final. I mean Sri Lanka deserve to be in the final as much as any team... but I just wish we weren't seeing the two strongest teams in the semi. I think an Australia vs. South Africa final would deliver the most entertainment. Though who am I to doubt Sri Lanka. I love Sri Lanka recently, great team to watch. That shocking loss to Bangladesh screwed it all up though!
    That makes absolutely no sense.

If SA and Aus are the strongest 2 teams (and I would stress the if) then how can you say anyone other than those 2 sides deserves to be in the final?
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by marc71178 View Post

If SA and Aus are the strongest 2 teams (and I would stress the if) then how can you say anyone other than those 2 sides deserves to be in the final?
    Based on their performances in the tournament, obviously. I'd agree really - there's no doubt in my mind that South Africa have a better team than Sri Lanka or New Zealand, but equally, there's no doubt in my mind that Sri Lanka and New Zealand have outperformed South Africa in this tournament and deserve a place in the final ahead of them at this stage. Obviously that'd change if South Africa managed to beat Austalia.
    ~ Cribbage ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

no doubt in my mind that South Africa have a better team than Sri Lanka or New Zealand
    Exactly. Like I said, Sri Lanka and co deserve to be ahead of South Africa because they won more ganes. But if not for the annoying outlier - that match against Bangladesh, SA wouldn't be playing Australia in the semis. 19 times out of 20 they'd beat Bangladesh, and they'd make the semis in a higher position...

On one hand they don't deserve to be any higher than fourth, since they didn't win when it was needed. This is the thinking of most people. On the other hand, they'd usually win that game and end up in a higher place. Considering they'd normally beat Bangladesh, and can challenge Australia, I just wish they were higher up.

Basically the best way I can put it is: I think SA and Australia, performing at their best, are the two best teams in the tournament. Basically I don't wanna see a finals game in the semis. That 1999 semi final really should have been the final.

Quote Originally Posted by marc71178 View Post

I don't agree. Based on form in this tournament, I would say SA are only 4th best (the table doesn't lie) and they have the biggest weakness of the four in their one-dimensional bowling. It's not like 1999 when Australia and SA were the best two teams and it was only SA's cock up against Zimbabwe that stopped that tournament getting the Final it deserved.
    Ian Botham, Freddie Flintoff, Kevin Pietersen, Brian Laudrup, Gazza and Daniela Hantuchova....a fan of you all FOREVER!!!
    Can't wait to see Australia field a crap leg-spinner like Hollland or Hohns again.....
    Congratulations to Daniela Hantuchova on her 3rd career title....
    Bob Woolmer 1948-2007..farewell to the best coach England never had...
    Arise Sir Beefy....
    Pugh, Pugh, Barney McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble, Grubb...

I guess that's where we differ. I think Oz and SA are the two best teams, and it's SA's unlikely loss to Bangladesh that has stopped the tournament having the final it deserves. Although with all the Sri Lankan players in form, I have to say I wont complain if Sri Lanka make the final.

I guess that's where we differ. I think Oz and SA are the two best teams, and it's SA's unlikely loss to Bangladesh that has stopped the tournament having the final it deserves. Although with all the Sri Lankan players in form, I have to say I wont complain if Sri Lanka make the final.
    .......and SA's not-so-unlikely loss to New Zealand.

Big Jake Oram ruled out of the Australia game more as a precaution than any thing else. Apparently he should be alright for the semi-final clash
    http://content-nz.cricinfo.com/wc200...ry/291440.html

Cricket Spectator
    who says that if SA had beaten BAN that they would have finished higher. Particularly due to Smith insistance on ignoring the NRR.

Page 7 of 126 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Thread Information