Page 6 of 126 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Semi Finals

Quote Originally Posted by Bahnz View Post
    I don't know if it's even physically possible for both England and South Africa to get into semi's ahead of us, but if it is, we'll find a way! After all, this is the same side that helped Matty Hayden back into the form of his life, and kickstarted England's run to one day glory. There's no doubt about it, we're one day miracle workers!
    I'm very glad you were wrong on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine View Post
    Very unlikely, but it'd be funny as hell if it did happen.
    It's funny as hell to see you taking your normal potshots at NZ. By the way, while you're having a dig at NZ, can you remind me again how many major ODI tournaments involving more than three teams that England have won?

It's funny as hell to see you taking your normal potshots at NZ.
    I don't know why you got so defensive just then. I agree with Scaly - New Zealand winning would be most un-expected. It's not a knock on them, they've done well. But I think most people would say that if Australia, South Africa and Sri Lanka all played to their full potential, they'd beat New Zealand playing at their full potential. Nothing wrong with saying NZ isn't as good as those three country's... those three are great!

New Zealand might make the final, but to win two consecutive games against such high quality teams. It'll never happen. I especially don't rate New Zealand's chances because they simply cannot play Murali well. Where as teams like Australia play him much better.

So yes, I would be amused if NZ won. Right now, of the four teams to make the semis, they look the least likely, by far, to win it IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Francis View Post
    New Zealand might make the final, but to win two consecutive games against such high quality teams. It'll never happen.
    I really hope you eat your words for this come april 28

I think the Semifinal is 55- 45 in favour of NZ given the conditions and pitch at Sabina Park and the struggling batting displays by the Sri Lankans .

Anyone who under estimates the Black caps including the SriLankans, do so at their own peril.

Yeah the NZ SL semi is going to be an amazing game between the two rivals. 50-50 for mine and when you look at the head to head over the past 2 years it's 5-5, meaning who ever wins the semi takes the lead and goes into the final. I'd also say that whoever wins the semi is the better side as well (as opposed to whoever wins Aus SA ). Looking more forward to this game then the Aus SA one tbh.
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

First Class Debutant
    I don't know why you got so defensive just then. I agree with Scaly - New Zealand winning would be most un-expected. It's not a knock on them, they've done well. But I think most people would say that if Australia, South Africa and Sri Lanka all played to their full potential, they'd beat New Zealand playing at their full potential. Nothing wrong with saying NZ isn't as good as those three country's... those three are great!

New Zealand might make the final, but to win two consecutive games against such high quality teams. It'll never happen. I especially don't rate New Zealand's chances because they simply cannot play Murali well. Where as teams like Australia play him much better.

So yes, I would be amused if NZ won. Right now, of the four teams to make the semis, they look the least likely, by far, to win it IMO.
    Need to take some lessons from dave langford-smith

so first semi final
    Sri Lanka vs New zealand

second final
    Australia vs South Africa

is that right?

Quote Originally Posted by haroon510 View Post
    so first semi final
    Sri Lanka vs New zealand

second final

is that right?
    Looks like it . Unless NZ demolish Australia by a massive margin.

Having said that, a NZ win against the Aussies would give them a massive massive psychological boost and advantage going into the Semi Final against SL , and IMO make them unbackable favourite to win that Semi Final.

Looking ahead , a NZ - South Africa Final would ensure a totally new World Cup winner with a Team that previously has not won the World Cup joining the World Cup winners circle.

I really hope you eat your words for this come april 28
    Mmmm, the truth never tasted so good brother.

If New Zealand win the World Cup I'll travel to Auckland (worst city in NZ) and go up the main street with a sign hanging around my neck saying, "I admit it. The best team won!"

As it is, all I'll ever be eating is the celebratory truth, when Sri Lanka muder New Zealand... that any maybe some macaroni (I like macaroni)...
    Last edited by Francis; 19-04-2007 at 02:26 AM.

I don't think I'd find anybody who'd agree with me. But South Africa and Australia look like the two strongest teams in the comp... does anybody wish they weren't playing in the semi-final. I mean Sri Lanka deserve to be in the final as much as any team... but I just wish we weren't seeing the two strongest teams in the semi. I think an Australia vs. South Africa final would deliver the most entertainment. Though who am I to doubt Sri Lanka. I love Sri Lanka recently, great team to watch. That shocking loss to Bangladesh screwed it all up though!

Quote Originally Posted by JASON View Post
    Looks like it . Unless NZ demolish Australia by a massive margin.

Having said that, a NZ win against the Aussies would give them a massive massive psychological boost and advantage going into the Semi Final against SL , and IMO make them unbackable favourite to win that Semi Final.

Looking ahead , a NZ - South Africa Final would ensure a totally new World Cup winner with a Team that previously has not won the World Cup joining the World Cup winners circle.
    wouldn't that be great! if NZ and SA made the finals...i would be happy with either side winning...i wouldn't even care about it because i know one of them would win...well i would but get the point
    Last edited by LA ICE-E; 19-04-2007 at 02:21 AM.

I don't think I'd find anybody who'd agree with me. But South Africa and Australia look like the two strongest teams in the comp... does anybody wish they weren't playing in the semi-final. I mean Sri Lanka deserve to be in the final as much as any team... but I just wish we weren't seeing the two strongest teams in the semi. I think an Australia vs. South Africa final would deliver the most entertainment. Though who am I to doubt Sri Lanka. I love Sri Lanka recently, great team to watch. That shocking loss to Bangladesh screwed it all up though!
    Well i don't know...SA vs Aus would be great but you always have that nagging choker tag on the saffies...it will be great if the can take that of making it to the finals this time...but i think that the only team that has it in them to beat the aussies is the saffies but i don't think they would be able to beat them in the final so i'm happy if they can beat them in the semis and get it over with...

Quote Originally Posted by LA ICE-E View Post
    wouldn't that be great! if NZ and SA made the finals...i would be happy with either side winning...i wouldn't even care about it because i know one of them will would win...well i would but get the point
    Strangely I do.... (despite the confusing pharses.)

International Vice-Captain Raghav's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by haroon510 View Post
    so first semi final
    Sri Lanka vs New zealand

second final

is that right?

Perfect...

NZ will win against SRL...
    AUS will win against SAF...

Final: Trans- Tasman Tussle:

NZ wins by a close margin, another big chase ...with the help of Franklin, Vettori, McCullum..

NZ lifts the cup...

This is my last night dream...Hope my dream comes true
    Supported Indian Cricket from 1992-2000 (till the match fixing scandal)

Long Live Test Cricket

Cricket Spectator

Icon7 hey what do ypu think

Australia will loose to Srilanka if they reach them in the Final while the same will be the case with South Africa against Newzealand if it is the case

Page 6 of 126 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Thread Information