• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Semi Finals

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well if anyone had to beat the kiwi's im glad it was the Sri Lankans. Great side.

Patel is officially my hero, great knock from him.
Agreed on both counts.

Franklin batted nicely too, to go with his surprisingly good bowling performance. I've forgiven quite a few of his past efforts as a result of his game today.

Lostman

State Captain
The problem I have is the fact he didn't bother to appeal or even look back at the umpire. He just claimed it as if it was obvious that he caught it. Oram obviously took his word for it. Murali should be fined for bringing the game into disrepute over this
consider it payback for the runout in the first test.

Flem274*

123/5
Well if anyone had to beat the kiwi's im glad it was the Sri Lankans. Great side.

Patel is officially my hero, great knock from him.
seconded, hope he moves up the order :laugh:

i think hes in better form than vettori atm both with bat and ball. possibly more versatile too

Athlai

Not Terrible
Agreed on both counts.

Franklin batted nicely too, to go with his surprisingly good bowling performance. I've forgiven quite a few of his past efforts as a result of his game today.
Definitely respect to both of them. A great partnership, but I've grown to expect such handy work from Mr Franklin. Did you see Patels face? He was having great fun. :laugh:

Fiery

Banned
consider it payback for the runout in the first test.
That was due to Murali's stupidity and McCullum was well within his rights to run him out. One last thing re the catch...Murali even said in the aftermatch interview when asked about it by Atherton...word for word "I don't know, I haven't seen the replay". An admission he wasn't sure but thought he would claim it anyway. Murali = Cheat. There, I've said it.

Lostman

State Captain
That was due to Murali's stupidity and McCullum was well within his rights to run him out. One last thing re the catch...Murali even said in the aftermatch interview when asked about it by Atherton...word for word "I don't know, I haven't seen the replay". An admission he wasn't sure but thought he would claim it anyway. Murali = Cheat. There, I've said it.
ok,

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Another poor effort to finish off an indifferent campaign by the Blackcaps. Its hugely dissapointing that only Franklin managed to bring his A-game to what was the most important game of these player's lives.

And don't be stupid Fiery. You can't take McCullum's run out as an example of brilliant proffessional cricket, and then accuse Murali of cheating. And in the end, that was only balancing out a couple of shockers that Sri Lanka got from the umpires in the first innings.

Sri Lanka are a much better team than New Zealand and fully deserved to make the final. Once again, I don't think they have the lower order hitting to take on Australia, but given how good their bowling attack is, they may not need it.

Fiery

Banned
And don't be stupid Fiery. You can't take McCullum's run out as an example of brilliant proffessional cricket, and then accuse Murali of cheating. And in the end, that was only balancing out a couple of shockers that Sri Lanka got from the umpires in the first innings.
If you think I'm stupid that's your perogative but blatant cheating and bad umpiring decisions are too totally different things and if Sangakarra had run out one of our batsmen in a similar fashion to McCullum I wouldn't have a problem with it, it was within the rules and Murali should have known better. Claiming a catch you're not sure about without bothering to appeal or even look at the umpire is a different story. If I was the match referee I would be throwing the book at him.

Flem274*

123/5
Dont worry Bahnz, we can rebuild :)

Nah Murali isnt a cheat, he was just too good for us on the day. There will be another time, another place though. Then we'll get him. :)

Was it Patel or Macka that whacked him for six? I know patel whacked someone. please be Patel.....

Fiery

Banned
Dont worry Bahnz, we can rebuild :)

Nah Murali isnt a cheat, he was just too good for us on the day. There will be another time, another place though. Then we'll get him. :)

Was it Patel or Macka that whacked him for six? I know patel whacked someone. please be Patel.....
Styris was the only batsman to hit him for 6

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The partnership fell 6 short of NZ's record 10th wicket partnership in ODIs...might have softened the blow of the result a bit if they'd managed to break that.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
No links, just listening to Radio Sport.

The DJs are now calling it a gutless capitulation, an ANZAC disgrace etc...
Very dissapointing.
Well, it is Golightly's show...

Disappointing for NZ as they fumble their best chance yet to make it to the final of a major ODI tournament.
The ICC Champions Trophy in 2000 doesn't count?

As for the game? Not really too worried or surprised (admittedly, couldn't be bothered watching it). I know better than to place all my hopeful eggs in a Black Caps basket and the threat posed by Murali and Malinga proved to be exactly that. Well done to Jayawardene on a great knock, by the way.

Fiery

Banned
How suspiciously a potential all-rounder in the making :ph34r:!
He's a good allrounder already and will be a very classy one for NZ for the next 6-8 years imo...(if he can fine-tune his line and length with the ball). Capable of batting as high as 6 in the not too distant future I reckon

Flem274*

123/5
Styris was the only batsman to hit him for 6
Hey thanks for that. :)

Damn it must have been Jayasuria or Dilshan then. So now that Fleming has retired from the captaincy i guess Vettori will take over then? Would like to see Oram or Styris get a go at it at some stage.

Franklin has been quite impressive recently, though it doesn't mean he's found some consistency in ODI's yet. i suspect he will be under pressure for his spot now if the selectors decide they want to try some new guys from list A and FC cricket. If hes still bowling like he did today and against the safies however, he will certainly be a good future prospect for us. Especially if he continues to be an excellent lower order hitter too.