• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Semi Finals

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wish I'd gone to bed last night now. So tired and it wasn't worth it. Apart from Jayawardene's innings that is, superb knock.

simmy

International Regular
I hope tomorrow's game is a bit more competitive than this. New Zealand have been thrashed by a much better side here.

Beleg

International Regular
Burgey,

Fiery posted,

Very dubious sportsmanship to claim it
That's a passive-aggressive dig if I ever saw one.

Fiery had the right to post his opinion and others have the right to call him on it.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Torn between crediting SL with great performance and criticising NZ for a particularly horrible one - the latter never remotely looked like it from ball 1 of their innings

On a side note, I wish they'd stop showing Murali's action in slo-mo - it's the most cringeworthy sight in cricket

Natman20

International Debutant
Great performance from Sri Lanka who have been completely dominant for the majority of this match. Good bowling restricted NZers from getting any real valuable partnerships and their batting meant that NZ didnt really have much of a chance of winning coming into the second innings. Will look forward to the final although I sense it will be another one sided affair as have nearly all of the matches of this world cup so far. Cherio NZ and congrats to SRL who rightfully deserve their spot as a contender for the world cup. As for my NZ bias. Its only four more years of posting on CW before the next one :laugh:

GGG

State Captain
That will be the last time we see McMillian in a black top I guess, promised so much early in his career but was never consistant. Maybe Fleming will get the axe, I hope not but I am sure the New Zealand public will be out for his blood.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
I hate Muralitharan whenever we have to play against him, he's just too good.
Add Malinga and whenever Vaas has the new ball...

New Zealand, unfortunately did not have a pray when it became apparent that Bond was not firing. You know you’re in trouble if James Franklin is your best bowler.

MoxPearl

State Vice-Captain
Spineless... and heartbreaking

Time for a good long break from Cricket imho

Cmon All Blacks, Team New Zealand and the Warriors@!!!