• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Semi Finals

Craig

World Traveller
Obviously it was expecting too much for New Zealand too actually have an execellent tournament.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
At least McMillan is showing some fight now, the pathetic display from the likes of McCullum, Oram and Fleming is disgraceful for senior players. Now hopefully John Bracewell gets the sack.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Partyush, What makes you think mate that Sri Lanka would be able to beat New Zealand in Jamaica (because thats where 2nd v/s 3rd semi-finalist would have their semi-finals) , i would have rated Lankan chances a lot more on a slow and low surface at St. Lucia compared to Jamaica (which has been seamer friendly so far).
Totally agree. I'd be very worried if NZ were playing SL in St. Lucia, and think if anyone has the edge in Jamaica its NZ.
Aus to play NZ in the final with NZ ( unfortunately) beating Australia in a nail-biting finish
Perfect...

NZ will win against SRL...
AUS will win against SAF...

Final: Trans- Tasman Tussle:

NZ wins by a close margin, another big chase ...with the help of Franklin, Vettori, McCullum..

NZ lifts the cup...

This is my last night dream...Hope my dream comes true
:laugh: :p

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yep, it is all OK.
They did some remedial work with him a while ago which has brought him under the 15 degree limit. Also, they tightened his action, iirc, and ironed out some kinks.
His ability to bowl around the wicket now (something he always found difficult) is a reflection of that I think.
Cheers - thanks mate.

Beleg

International Regular
It was a pretty important wicket. I'm sure many others are thinking the same thing.
No, the whinging is related to the fact that you are accusing Murali of something when it is not only too close to call but also might have felt completely legit to him. Really, it is no where near as clear cut as you are making it out to be, and we have the advantage of numerous replays, slow-mo's and close-ups.

Trigger_Tiger

U19 Captain

Mutiah Muralitharan can give David Copperfield, David Blaine or David Aladin a run for their money if he becomes an illusionist after retiring from all-cricket :ph34r:!!!!!

Burgey

The pitch might be flat but that doesn't make it any easier to milk the likes of Jayasuria... He has kept better batsmen than Oram and Fulton quiter for longer periods of time.
Tipping if they play the Aussies that he'll get more than milked......
This is a really fine performance by SL today - good luck to them.

Fiery

Banned
No, the whinging is related to the fact that you are accusing Murali of something when it is not only too close to call but also might have felt completely legit to him. Really, it is no where near as clear cut as you are making it out to be, and we have the advantage of numerous replays, slow-mo's and close-ups.
We must be watching different games

Majin

International Debutant
Have another look at it
Just did, and still sure he got his hand round it before it hit the floor. And to be fair, that decision was less dubious than about four that have gone against both teams, so I'm not really that bothered. :p

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
1st India won the WC
Pakistan won it soon after
And then Sri Lanka went on to win it

Pakistan came into the finals against Aussies in 99' and got DESTROYED
India then came into the finals against the Aussies in 03' and got DESTROYED
Now Sri Lanka will come into the finals against the Aussies and will get DESTROYED

In 12 years Australia has thoroughly and successfully DESTROYED South Asia. :wacko:
Me and my "gun" predictions :ph34r: ;).

Burgey

But we've had a 1000 posts in the past where it's been ok to accuse other players of such things.....
8-)
I'm sure he can speak for himself on this, but he didn't say Murali cheated, he said it looked dodgy - it doesn't mean he knew it hit the ground (if it even did) - just that there's a question mark over whether it was out. If he's not entitled to express an opinion like that mate, we may as well pack the whole thread in.

Fiery

Banned
Just did, and still sure he got his hand round it before it hit the floor. And to be fair, that decision was less dubious than about four that have gone against both teams, so I'm not really that bothered. :p
Are you Sri Lankan Majin?

Majin

International Debutant
Straight six from McMillan and then bowled by Jayasuria. Kind of gutted, was hoping he would drag NZ up towards a bit more respectability

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
McMillan gone, he had a little cameo but he was never going to be able to salvage the game.