• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Semi Finals

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Congratulations to Brendon McCullum for the worst shot played in an important, tight game since Damien Martyn's ill-fated cover drive v Sth Africa at the SCG in 1993-94. That was disgraceful. Two weak wickets gifted to Murali in 2 balls, neither of which was exactly a sptting cobra.
Before I ask this, I wish to emphasise that I am not being deliberately provocative - what's the status of the doosra? I thought he was not meant to be bowling it, at least that was the case a few years ago - has it now been cleared because of the 15 degree rule?

Beleg

International Regular
How awesome is the Sri Lanka bowling line-up... :)

In Vaas, Malinga, Murali and Jayasuria they have four top flight ODI bowlers, and with Dilshan and Arnold providing some spinning back-up to the erratic but potentially deadly Fernando, they look like they could rip through any batting line-up.

JBH001

International Regular
Congratulations SL, good luck in the final. :)
Thanks Ed! :D

It certainly looks like that way - tbh, I would have been happy if either team had gotten through (divided loyalties) but land of birth swings it. :)

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Second or third with Muralitharan has been on a hat-trick in this World Cup?

JBH001

International Regular
Congratulations to Brendon McCullum for the worst shot played in an important, tight game since Damien Martyn's ill-fated cover drive v Sth Africa at the SCG in 1993-94. That was disgraceful. Two weak wickets gifted to Murali in 2 balls, neither of which was exactly a sptting cobra.
Before I ask this, I wish to emphasise that I am not being deliberately provocative - what's the status of the doosra? I thought he was not meant to be bowling it, at least that was the case a few years ago - has it now been cleared because of the 15 degree rule?

Yep, it is all OK.
They did some remedial work with him a while ago which has brought him under the 15 degree limit. Also, they tightened his action, iirc, and ironed out some kinks.
His ability to bowl around the wicket now (something he always found difficult) is a reflection of that I think.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Disappointing performance from the kiwis. Sri Lanka have played very well.. am not talking about them here. The Kiwis bowled poorly in the end overs and allowed a flurry of wickets to fall in a stage where batting normally for 4-5 overs could have given them a much stronger chance. They could have given it a much better fight in the game. The pitch is flat, the outfield fast and runs are not very difficult to come as was shown even in the kiwi inning for a period.

Majin

International Debutant
Murali once again. Was a close contest like 20 minutes ago, utterly ripped them apart. fantastic SL :}

Beleg

International Regular
The pitch might be flat but that doesn't make it any easier to milk the likes of Jayasuria... He has kept better batsmen than Oram and Fulton quiter for longer periods of time.

Fiery

Banned
The more times you look at it the more it looks like Murali dropped that Oram catch. Very dubious sportsmanship to claim it

GGG

State Captain
Yeah this is pathetic, we peaked way to early and the writing was on the wall in the Australia match.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
The pitch might be flat but that doesn't make it any easier to milk the likes of Jayasuria... He has kept better batsmen than Oram and Fulton quiter for longer periods of time.
You don't have to go to milk players all the time.

[Love how the sentence turns up.]

Majin

International Debutant
The Murali catch bounced from his right hand into his left hand, nothing wrong with it at all.