• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Semi Finals

JBH001

International Regular
Fernando may actually get an edge, as opposed to beating it.
(or get spanked to the boundary)

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Can't see any good reason for putting Fernando on for Malinga at this moment in time...prove me wrong, Fernando.
A tactic we have used all tournment, Malinga is better bowling at the death. Fernando is better bowling with the new ball.

Majin

International Debutant
Could have at least seen out the first power play with Malinga, tbh. He looked absolutely deadly the entire time :{

JBH001

International Regular
Agreed. One more over would have been good.
As it is, now NZ has some breathing space.

I think Mahela will bring on Murali soon (or another spinner) for a short spell.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
See ya, Taylor. :(

Ah well, on the upside of this likely loss, my multi is still alive surprisingly, as I had Sri Lanka to have the highest opening partnership...

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Wtf???????

Flemings was marginal, Taylors was an absolute shocker. Definitely not umpiring worthy of a Semi

JBH001

International Regular
I think so, yes.

Is Fernando really transgressing, or is Koertzen being harsh on him?

Any more of this and Dilhara is gonna have a attack of no-ball-itis.

/Edit: Vaas gets him! You beauty!

Majin

International Debutant
Do you get 3 warnings for running on the pitch and you're off?
Yeah, if he gets another he can't bowl for the rest of the day.

Dodgy decision again here...umpiring going crazy. Still, Vaas deserved a wicket with how he's been bowling.

Fiery

Banned
Dummy. Why not just play these 2 out? Vaas nearly finishing his spell ffs. Another dodgy one from Taufel this time

Majin

International Debutant
Fernando round the wicket now, which is what I thought he might do. Hopefully he'll be alright.