• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Semi Finals

pup11

International Coach
I think lack of firepower in the Kiwi bowling line-up in the middle overs was seriously felt today by NZ.

I think Vettori and Patel have let their team down today they could have bowled a lot better on this wicket.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Looking at 280 here. Have to say it's been a very good skipper's knock after a very slow start
280 minimum. Jayawardene has been unusually gun. Was 17 off 45 now 93 off 101.

So his last 76 have come off only 56 balls

simmy

International Regular
Went out for a bit to come back Jaya on nearing a 100?!?!?!

Unreal. SRL will surely win from this position with Vaas and Murali in the midst.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
NZ losing the plot abit here. Going to be a very exciting chase next innings. I'm confident they can do it.
Glad you are because I'm not.

Jayawardene gets a well deserved ton, a very good knock. Forget what I said about him crap :p

Beleg

International Regular
I think lack of firepower in the Kiwi bowling line-up in the middle overs was seriously felt today by NZ.
NZ bowled pretty well in the 20-40 over window. The scorecard reflects that.

pup11

International Coach
Fleming's captaincy today has been more reactive which is strange because normally his captaincy is proactive and he thinks ahead of the game, but that certainly hasn't been the case today.

Fiery

Banned
Have much have we missed Styris's bowling? God, we've bowled all over the shop for the last 12 or so overs. Fleming needs to match or better this knock from his opposing skip when we bat.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
This is such a beautifully timed knock. When I got home he was on something like 12 off 40 deliveries; now striking at over 100. & a six! Wheels coming off for Bond in the last over.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Perm.. I bet you are eating your words now for calling him a "crap ODI batsman".
Not really, crap players can still play well. Witness Andrew Symond's Test century. I still think Jayawardene is a crap ODI batsman, he has played a very good knock though.