• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Semi Finals

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Speaking of signatures I hope you remember to get rid of yours on Sunday...
Heh, I was just thinking that earlier. I'm just enjoying it while it lasts :cool:

Game on, I guess. Need runs from Mahela and Silva. I've really enjoyed the recent NZ-SL rivalry.

Going completely off-topic, my parents had a barbecue last night, and there was a very pretty (and also very young) daughter-of-family-friend (Sri Lankan, of course) there...who had a real thing for Tillekeratne Dilshan. Strange girl.

Laurrz

International Debutant
Be interesting to see how long it takes before Chamara Silva uses the slog sweep, he'll definately want to attack Vettori if the past is anything to go by.
he aint shy thats for sure

hmmm this is the partnership that screwed Australia up for a while.....

Laurrz

International Debutant
Going completely off-topic, my parents had a barbecue last night, and there was a very pretty (and also very young) daughter-of-family-friend (Sri Lankan, of course) there...who had a real thing for Tillekeratne Dilshan. Strange girl.
bahaha

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
i think jayawardene is waiting for the last 10 overs to attack. he should play his natural attacking game
I don't think I've ever seen Jayawardene have a particularly successful attacking game against anything that resembles good ODI bowling, to be honest.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Heh, I was just thinking that earlier. I'm just enjoying it while it lasts :cool:

Game on, I guess. Need runs from Mahela and Silva. I've really enjoyed the recent NZ-SL rivalry.

Well Dilshan probably is the best looking out of the current Sri Lankan cricketers. Smith will back me up I'm sure.

Laurrz

International Debutant
as obvious as it was, moving Jayawardene back to #4 was the right decision.. obviously.. he's really good at working singles. only problem is, Kumar goes to #3 and Lanka dont seen to have a good #3 atm

good news for NZ is that i dont think Lanka can really screw em up.... the most they can get now is like 270 probably (being generous there)... also there is no Maharoof

Fiery

Banned
I don't think I've ever seen Jayawardene have a particularly successful attacking game against anything that resembles good ODI bowling, to be honest.
He needs to step it up a bit. He's taking the "sensible captain's knock" thing a bit too far with a strike rate of 35. If he gets out now he's had a shocker

Loony BoB

International Captain
I suppose now is as good a time as any to make the 1 hour trip home. :( Wish me green lights and a fast bus driver... I've stayed back from rush hour traffic so I miss out as little as possible. Sky TV, here I come!

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Was just thinking that'll be really interesting to see who New Zealand use at the death. Bond is the obvious one, Franklin and Oram are quite poor bowling then and/or don't like doing it, while Patel and Vettori probably won't be opted for then. Patel developed a reputation as a death bowler in domestic cricket, but I've yet to see that really utilised in ODI cricket - it'll probably be him though.