• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Semi Finals

rpcfernando

Cricket Spectator
So, what kind of pitch is this, outside of 'bouncy', anyway? I'm keen to know what a par score would be.

Can't wait for the match to start. It feels like it should have started already. :(
Some body said that it has a sort boundary that mean if sri lankan bat first they will put huge total as well as the ball will come to bat nicely although it helps to fast bowlers

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So, what kind of pitch is this, outside of 'bouncy', anyway? I'm keen to know what a par score would be.

Can't wait for the match to start. It feels like it should have started already. :(
Agree on that second point, it's only four hours away and now is when I start to think am I going to be able to stay up all night or should I get a couple of hours shut eye? Such confusion.

StumpMic

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I am so excited about the semis. I can't wait for the matches to start. I love Sri Lanka and hope they do well today. Now is the crunch time for all the remaining teams in the World Cup. As you guys know recent matches between SL and NZ have been pretty open affairs. The SL tour to NZ ended in draws in both the test and ODI series although SL did defeat NZ in the super eights match. The real test though is today. Am I the only one that thinks this has the potential to be a better encounter than the oz-sa match? Still it will be fun to see the real matches- the semis and final.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Sanath Jayasuriya
Upul Tharanga
Kumar Sangakkara
Mahela Jayawardena
Chamara Silva
Tillakaratne Dilshan
Russel Arnold
Tillakaratne Dilshan
Chaminda Vass
Dilhara Fernando
Lasith Malinga
Muttiah Muralitharan

If any one think fleming's men can beat this team it's a Day Dream
Well it'd be an unfair competition if SL were allowed 12 men and if you were going to clone a player, wouldn't you be better of cloning Murali?

FILOCRICKET

Banned
TOMMOROWS TITANIC CLASH (1 VS 2)

the mind games have already begun even in their sleep, I really hope South Africa do choke again (but not in their sleep,) but Australian's prepare yourself for one big battle, lets not repeat that 400+ THING ever AGAIN!!!!

THE VENUE

Situated on the outskirts of the tourist resort area of Rodney Bay on the island's north-east coast, Beausejour Stadium is one of the Caribbean's newest major venues, completed in 2002 and staging its first international match later that year and it's first Test in 2003. In 2006 it became the first ground in the West Indies to stage a floodlight ODI when Zimbabwe were the visitors. Constructed on 22 acres, the stadium has a seating capacity of 15,000 inlcuding 18 hospitality suites and a modern pavilion that offers each team its own gym, lounge, balcony and conference room.
Martin Williamson

THE LIKELY OUTCOME

For Australia

Australia will have a shot for cricket's immortality!! Then it would be now or NEVER!!!

For South Africa

Smithy the wanky will go straight home empty handed after this match aloong with his parade of chokers:laugh: :laugh:

Loony BoB

International Captain
Looking at my Location field under my avatar, I'd say it's pretty obvious as to what game I can't wait for.

Loony BoB

International Captain
wouldn't read too much into that, its the exact same forecast yahoo weather has had for every NZ game, right down to the 30 % chance of rain. :happy:
Yeah, seems they use that for pretty much every game regardless of who is playing, though. 30% must be the favoured 'safe' weather report.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Just realised the game is an hour later than usual. Doh!!!

Tomorrow is going to suck so bad. Have presentation (in japanese) for my International Trade seminar. And then there is a little drinking happening after. Doh x2!!! I'm gonna be so tired I will get drunk on about a pint :(

GGG

State Captain
I looked at about 10 different weather sites, some say fine, some say chance of showers, some say high chance of showers and some say thunder storms. So I guess it will snow.