Page 2 of 126 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Semi Finals

Quote Originally Posted by simmy View Post
    Another one gone! Great stuff from Ireland.
    LoL. Wrong thread mate

Yeah I know.. I deleted it now!

Quote Originally Posted by simmy View Post
    Yeah I agree, but they haven't played well. They just got thrashed by Bangladesh ffs!
    They played well in every game except that one though. Even against Australia, their top order looked good for a little while in chasing a massive score. They completely outplayed Sri Lanka, who everyone seems to rate for some reason, and would have defeated them with ridiculous ease if not for a 4-ball spell from Malinga when the game was seemingly beyond doubt anyway. They've played very well in patches and let themselves down at certain times - notably their bowling against Australia and their match against Bangladesh. They've been infinitely better than West Indies really, who have basically shown nothing all series other than the fact that their selection policies are dire.
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    seems to me like rsa, nz. oz and sri lanka will def. go in.
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

Cricket Spectator
    The Australian Cricket team are the most over rated team in the world cup! They have no leadership through Ponting who always turns to McGrath and Warne when their opponents are getting on top. It will be interesting to see how Pontings record pans out when these two world class bowlers leave. The run of Australian domance is also fading as no young stars are coming through. The era of New Zealand as the number one side in the world is quickly becoming a reality, evident through our current world cup domance. No other side seems to have the depth in batting, yet the diversity in bowling. New Zealands selectors have done an excellent job incorporating youth into the International side. The likes of Fulton, Taylor and Gillespie seem to have the experience and skill level as veteran campaigners such as Vettori, Fleming and Styris.

First Class Debutant
    Quote Originally Posted by tenpin28 View Post
    The Australian Cricket team are the most over rated team in the world cup! They have no leadership through Ponting who always turns to McGrath and Warne when their opponents are getting on top. It will be interesting to see how Pontings record pans out when these two world class bowlers leave. The run of Australian domance is also fading as no young stars are coming through. The era of New Zealand as the number one side in the world is quickly becoming a reality, evident through our current world cup domance. No other side seems to have the depth in batting, yet the diversity in bowling. New Zealands selectors have done an excellent job incorporating youth into the International side. The likes of Fulton, Taylor and Gillespie seem to have the experience and skill level as veteran campaigners such as Vettori, Fleming and Styris.
    Ever think that the reason few new players are coming through for Aus is that the current crop are to good

Quote Originally Posted by tenpin28 View Post
    Fiery? Is that you?
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

Breakout Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by honestbharani View Post
    seems to me like rsa, nz. oz and sri lanka will def. go in.
    I agree with honestbiryani

International Coach PhoenixFire's Avatar
    Curveball Champion!
    Hmm, well Australia, Sri Lanka and New Zealand are all pretty much guaranteed a place in the Semis, and it'll either be South Africa or England to join them. I'm guessing that the most likely thing is South Africa, but anything could still happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    1) Had double pneumonia as a kid, as did my twin sis. Doctors told my parents to pray that we lived through the night. Dad said **** off, I'm an atheist, you ****s better save my kids, etc. Then prayed anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixFire View Post
    Hmm, well Australia, Sri Lanka and New Zealand are all pretty much guaranteed a place in the Semis, and it'll either be South Africa or England to join them. I'm guessing that the most likely thing is South Africa, but anything could still happen.
    England fans just have to keep the hope alive TBH...even if it is just a fluke, they'll take it!
    Plus, SA might just put on one of their poor performances again...

On top of a pile of money, surrounded by many beautiful women
    My pick for the top four (in order)

Australia
    Sri Lanka
    England
    South Africa

Hall of Fame Member superkingdave's Avatar
    It is pretty remarkable that despite playing so badly, England could plausibly get through with one scrappy win over SA and a narrow loss to West Indies.

Quote Originally Posted by Bahnz View Post
    My pick for the top four (in order)

Australia
    Sri Lanka
    England
    South Africa
    Good old PESSIMISM huh.

If it turns out like that you're a genius. If it doesn't you are thrilled that NZ made it thru

On top of a pile of money, surrounded by many beautiful women
    Quote Originally Posted by KiWiNiNjA View Post
    Good old PESSIMISM huh.

If it turns out like that you're a genius. If it doesn't you are thrilled that NZ made it thru
    I don't know if it's even physically possible for both England and South Africa to get into semi's ahead of us, but if it is, we'll find a way! After all, this is the same side that helped Matty Hayden back into the form of his life, and kickstarted England's run to one day glory. There's no doubt about it, we're one day miracle workers!

Quote Originally Posted by Bahnz View Post
    I don't know if it's even physically possible for both England and South Africa to get into semi's ahead of us, but if it is, we'll find a way! After all, this is the same side that helped Matty Hayden back into the form of his life, and kickstarted England's run to one day glory. There's no doubt about it, we're one day miracle workers!
    Unfortunately, it is. All that needs to happen is for us to get crushed by SA and Aus, and England to beat SA and WI. The only improbable result of those four IMO would be England beating SA, and that game will probably be the first and last time I'll be cheering the Yappies on.
    They only get two there, as Astle turned blind....

Mark Richardson - The worst thing to happen to NZ cricket since 26 all out

Page 2 of 126 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread Information