Page 10 of 126 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Semi Finals

i would be happy to see anyone but the aussies win and not just because they win everything(part of it is though). Them being south africa and nz never won it before so it be nice to have a new winner and looking at expansion, china 1st wanted to get into cricket after they saw the asian power at the game and how a small nation like sri lanka can win it...so if sri lanka win i guess there be some inspiration for the chinese.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Personally Australia would be the last team out of the semifinalists that I would want to win the World Cup, purely because it would be good for cricket if somebody else could manage to win it.
    The Future of International Cricket - Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravi Bopara, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan, Salman Butt, JP Duminy
    Proud Supporter of the Bangladeshi Tigers
    Ryan ten Doeschate - A Legend in the Making
    MSN: zacattack90@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Romance can be dealt with elsewhere - I just don't enjoy it in cricket.

I know it may be a bit much to ask, but I'd still like to see at least one "neutral" fan come in here and say something to the tune of "I'd like to see Australia win it because they have the best side at the moment, have played the best cricket in the tournament and hence deserve it the most." Still yet to happen and I somehow doubt it will now, but it's a perfectly sound reasoning that I'm somewhat surprised hasn't been considered yet.
    ~ Cribbage

Quote Originally Posted by Riggins View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by simonlee48 View Post
    Sanga has done well but Murali has done better. In my opinion, Murali is simply the best off spinner in history of cricket and I can't make that kind of statement for Sanga.
    Sanga isn't the best off spinner in the history of cricket? News to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    I know it may be a bit much to ask, but I'd still like to see at least one "neutral" fan come in here and say something to the tune of "I'd like to see Australia win it because they have the best side at the moment, have played the best cricket in the tournament and hence deserve it the most." Still yet to happen and I somehow doubt it will now, but it's a perfectly sound reasoning that I'm somewhat surprised hasn't been considered yet.
    No doubt that Australia has played the better cricket and deserve it the most, however I suppose all the neutral fans would prefer to see another country take it out because watching Australia win all the time gets a bit boring.

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Everybody loves an underdog TBH.

Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Everybody loves an underdog TBH.
    Ain't it the truth.

it was fun the 1st time the 2nd time when they deserved it but the 3rd time and all that domination just gets boring tbh...

Just because it might get boring for (some) to see Aussies win all the time doesn't mean that the Aussies are getting anything on a platter, they have worked their backsides off to remain so consistent for such a long time so all credit needs to go to them.

Other teams just haven't been good enough to match upto the Aussies, so i would love to see the Aussies win and be crowned as the (deserving) world champions for the 3rd time in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by pup11 View Post
    Just because it might get boring for (some) to see Aussies win all the time doesn't mean that the Aussies are getting anything on a platter, they have worked their backsides off to remain so consistent for such a long time so all credit needs to go to them.

Other teams just haven't been good enough to match upto the Aussies, so i would love to see the Aussies win and be crowned as the (deserving) world champions for the 3rd time in a row.
    I don't think anyone was criticising how hard the Australians have been working in preparation to this World Cup. If you took out Australia then any one of Pakistan, India, West Indies, New Zealand, South Africa and Sri Lanka could win the tournament if they were playing well, England could probably be included in there to. Truth of the matter is that Australia are simply much better, nobody is denying that but the strength of the opposition is actually pretty good, Australia have just been playing very good cricket.

Yeah I agree with that. The best side should always win. Australia deserve it more than anyone. This side has been the best side in the world in the past four years and them not winning it would be a great injustice. If I wasn't Australian I'd go for Australia as well. I feel the same way about other sports. It always annoys me a little when the best side of the year doesn't win the premiership. Obviously that's the way sports and in particular knock-out scenarios work so that's why I always support the better side in situations like this and I'm not much of a fan of the whole 'underdog' concept.
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

if you were a neutral then you would realise that some of the australian players are ****wits.

don't know if that would affect your view...

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    if you were a neutral then you would realise that some of the australian players are ****wits.

If I was neutral and didn't go for any other team then I probably wouldn't hate the Australian side for constantly beating my side over the past decade and look for flimsy excuses to perceive some as '****wits.' Then again, I probably would

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post

Someone please start a thread with voting options on who is the biggest ****wit in the Australian team. I would like to compare results with my official rankings

Quote Originally Posted by Fiery View Post
    Someone please start a thread with voting options on who is the biggest ****wit in the Australian team. I would like to compare results with my official rankings
    Hahaha, Fiery's back. Catch Wattos innings by any chance? Brilliant hey.

Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    If I was neutral and didn't go for any other team then I probably wouldn't hate the Australian side for constantly beating my side over the past decade and look for flimsy excuses to perceive some as '****wits.' Then again, I probably would
    meh. I hate the England cricket team more than the Australian cricket team and don't think any of them are ****wits.

Page 10 of 126 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread Information