• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ankle injury ends Baisya's WC

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Although not very good news for Tapash Baisya himself, Farhad Reza has been in pretty good touch and should contribute a bit more to the Bangladesh team.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Did Tapash Baisya even play a game thus so far? I personally can't remember, anyway it would definitely would be a sad thing for him.

pasag

RTDAS
Yeah just the one match against Australia. He hurt the ankle and tried two times to bowl but looked in quite visible pain and pulled out both times mid delivery before having to leave the field. Was quite sad, especially since he had Gilchrist early on but was dropped.

pup11

International Coach
Baisya is a steady bowler at his best, but nobody likes to see a player getting injured and as result missing the WC, so i feel bad for him.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Not really an improvement either way. Baisya was offering much, but Farhad looked absolute mincemeat when I saw him bowl (admittedly only once) in the Champions Trophy. If they want to replace one of the batsman, Rajin Saleh has to be the prime candidate, particularly as Farhad has made almost no runs all winter. He's without a ton in all Bangladeshi cricket IIRC.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
?

That was poor. My sincerest apologies.
Haha, gun post really. Under-rated player too. I miss Mahwire. :(

As for Tapash, as was said, it's a blessing in disguise. Not because Farhad is actually any good, but because he has infinitely less chance of being selected than Tapash did - so betters bowlers than both such as Rasel and Shahadat now have more chance of playing.

Aritro

International Regular
Doubt Reza'll ever cut at this level as a bowler. I hope he's not selected as an all rounder.

Perm

I think what pup11 meant was that Baisya was fairly unthreatening and never looked very likely to run through a lineup, with either pace or accuracy. Steady probably wasn't the best word, but that was the initial impression I got from reading his comment.

Trigger_Tiger

U19 Captain

Err, I'd say Bashar should draft Shahadat for the game against the South Africans, true he can be pretty expensive at times, but maybe a little more fire-power is needed in the linup *me thinks* :blink:!?!?!?!?!?!

Perm

Wouldn't be a bad idea, and most likely it will happen that way. Mortaza and Shadhadat to share the new ball, while the mass of left arm spinners continue through the innings.

Isolator

State 12th Man
I just assumed Shahadat Hussain was injured - can't believe they'd leave him out of a first XI otherwise....

Xuhaib

International Coach
Love Baisya's attitude he is probably one of the most untalented cricketer's in the world but for every ball he just steams in and put in all his energy eventhough it still comes out at barely 75MPH, just fantastic to watch.