• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Broad Replaces Lewis

Fast bowler Stuart Broad is to replace seamer Jon Lewis in England's World Cup squad.

Lewis - who has not played in the tournament proper - is set to return home to be with his wife, who is experiencing complications in pregnancy, an England team spokesman said.

Broad, 20, has played five one-day internationals since making his England debut last year.

The son of former England opening batsman Chris and the current Young Cricketer of the Year in England, Leicestershire's Broad was involved in England A's recent tour of Bangladesh.

Last edited by a moderator:

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Broad has big wraps on him, but he's too young IMO, especially for a fast bowler who should take a bit more time to mature. We'll see how he goes, if indeed he does play any part in the tournament.

Ash_A55

U19 Captain
That move should have been made before the group stages, the experience Broad could gain may prove to be priceless in the long run!

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Good luck to Lewis, wife and family.

There are more important things than cricket and I hope all is well.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Fast bowler Stuart Broad is to replace seamer Jon Lewis in England's World Cup squad.

Lewis - who has not played in the tournament proper - is set to return home to be with his wife, who is experiencing complications in pregnancy, an England team spokesman said.

Broad, 20, has played five one-day internationals since making his England debut last year.

The son of former England opening batsman Chris and the current Young Cricketer of the Year in England, Leicestershire's Broad was involved in England A's recent tour of Bangladesh.

Last edited by Jack
:laugh: I thought this was a well-written piece!!!!!!!!!

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good luck to Lewis, wife and family.

There are more important things than cricket and I hope all is well.
Seconded.

Good to see Broad given a chance, from what little of him I've seen he looks a good prospect.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Oi altoz, you think this Rodgie-written article is funny... try the other one in CC! :laugh:

Barney Rubble

International Coach
That'd be fourthed. :dry:

Surprised at you not commenting on Rodgie's latest wannabe trend, mind...
I'm not commenting on Rodgie any more, TBH. I'm waiting for the next time he comments on me and I have justification to rip into him again. Won't be long, I'd say.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
So Broad in for Lewis a good move?
Well, it's not so much a good move as a required one as Lewis has family matters to attend to. Lewis is infinitely better than Broad at one day cricket at this stage though, so it's an unfortunate occurance if anything.

England could actually draw a positive out of it though - the management were reluctant to play Lewis for whatever stupid reasons, and they might - just might - be more inclined to play Broad. Lewis is better than Broad, yes, but they're both better than Mahmood, so Broad being there could actually help matters.