Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Broad Replaces Lewis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Perm View Post
    I'm sure that's the case.
    Indeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    3. Although Cow Tipping is a hilarious student game in backwater towns such as Bangor, there really is no need for Mitchell to cover one side of the cow in superglue

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    One (or more) of them was actually written by a member here - which makes it even more ridiculous that he decided to steal it as he was clearly never going to get away with it...
    Nah this one was written by AFP and the Whatmore one by Reuters.
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

Cricket Web Content Updater alternative's Avatar
    This is nothing short of direness from Rodgie.
    Member of the AAAS
    Member of CW Green | Stedingham Jets Grade Cricket Team | Northside Power

Manager of South Australia (WCC)

Winner of AFL Tipping 2006 | Winner of Wimbeldon Prediction 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    Most appropriate use of it ever!
    There is no appropriate use of the triple roll-eyes, however one feels this does come close.

Quote Originally Posted by AussieDominance View Post
    Ha ha I apoligise it was just to make Richard feel insecure about his writing
    Haha...NO! You didn't think of a single person other than yourself and your desperation for credit/recognition/content updator status and broke the law in doing so. I sure as hell hope this gets you banned...for having a low IQ if for nothing else.
    Stedders' Supported XI (in batting order)
    NJ Kruger, *SM Katich, LA Carseldine, MEK Hussey, Mohammad Ashraful, NT Broom, AA Noffke, +Mushfiqur Rahim, Mashrafe Mortaza, DE Bollinger, WAP Mendis.

CricketWeb Black!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    I think Ponting forgot to take his Swiss Ulti-Vites when he was on 99 not out.
    RIP Fardin.

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Maybe it's best if this thread is locked like the Whatmore one was. Disappointed with Rodgie tbh.
    "It was an easy decision to sign. I could have gone elsewhere, I had calls, but it never entered my mind it's not about the money."
    Jason Koumas

SWA

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    Maybe it's best if this thread is locked like the Whatmore one was. Disappointed with Rodgie tbh.
    Is that not a wee bit OTT?
    Proudly supporting pink bat grips

The best FC player in the dev league

189 on debut

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    no

Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    Agreed.

This whole thing reminds me of a guy in my Year 8 class who copied an article from a page on the net, pasted it into word, and handed it in as his project for history. Of course, being the idiot that he was, he forgot to delete the underlined words that linked to other pages, the authors name, and website link at the bottom of the page.
    “And God came down from the heavens, and he said unto the chicken, "Thou shalt cross the road."And the chicken crossed the road. And the people rejoiced, all across the land.

Australia's Only FairDinkum News Site - www.xenoxnews.com
    -------------------------------------------------

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AussieDominance View Post
    I find it funny how I am a better writer than you.
    In whose opinion?

Because I can only see one of the 2 of you who consistently writes coherently and intelligently, even if I disagree with some of the things he says...
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

FBU
    To veer off of the subject -

Lewis started off in Australia and they found that he doesn't bowl at the death and had to bowl his 10 overs straight off. Also after the first few overs the keeper had to stand up. They are wanting a bowler to take wickets in the middle of the innings. Lewis was good opening but all he did was be economical when he was tried in the middle of the innings. So that leads us to Plunkett.

Plunkett was lucky to have ideal conditions in Australia bowling under lights and picked up good wickets. So the plan was to open with him. Different conditions and no night bowling. Took early wickets but when brought back same as Lewis no wickets but more expensive. They were still looking for a wicket taker in overs 15-40 and as Mahmood was bowling well in the nets he was the next to be tried.

Mahmood brought in because he has pace and variety. Well if you can call it variety and his pace has rarely got about 85mph. His variety I would say is slower balls. Hasn't looked to take wickets in opening overs and has outfoxed some batsmen as they don't know what to expect from him and he doesn't know how the ball is going to come out either. He has taken loads of wickets on the A tour in the West Indies but still a gamble, which brings us to Broad.

Knows where he wants to put the ball. Has height and hates being hit for runs. His fantastic economy in 20/20s worked for a while in his first ODIs and then he also started to go for over 5 an over. In Bangladesh he was the leading wicket taker and took wickets in most of his first overs. Can bat. So can we play Anderson, Broad and Mahmood in the same match?

Why would anyone want to play Mahmood?

The main difference between the West Indies conditions and Australia conditions is the pitch scuffs the ball up quicker so the window for when the ball swings (orthodoxly) is much smaller. But Plunkett can still bowl at the near death or death quite well, it's just Vaughan would rather stupidly use him for a short burst at the start then give him the odd 1-2 over burst in the middle.
    Last edited by Scaly piscine; 06-04-2007 at 07:06 AM.
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

Lewis started off in Australia and they found that he doesn't bowl at the death and had to bowl his 10 overs straight off.
    If you're going to bowl your 10 overs straight off, in the PowerPlay overs mind you, and end with figures of 10-40-2, then so be it, IMO. It's not like England have an embarrassment of riches in terms of one day fast bowlers - they are playing Saj Mahmood for crying out loud! Anyone who can do a job like Lewis has so far in his career should be like gold to England and yet they continually discard him for no apparent reason.
    ~ Cribbage

Quote Originally Posted by Riggins View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by simonlee48 View Post
    Sanga has done well but Murali has done better. In my opinion, Murali is simply the best off spinner in history of cricket and I can't make that kind of statement for Sanga.
    Sanga isn't the best off spinner in the history of cricket? News to me.

FBU
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine View Post
    Why would anyone want to play Mahmood?

The main difference between the West Indies conditions and Australia conditions is the pitch scuffs the ball up quicker so the window for when the ball swings (orthodoxly) is much smaller. But Plunkett can still bowl at the near death or death quite well, it's just Vaughan would rather stupidly use him for a short burst at the start then give him the odd 1-2 over burst in the middle.
    Yes I also thought Plunkett bowled very well at the death in Pakistan. They needed 40 runs from 40 balls and between Anderson and Plunkett they did the job without Flintoff. I am not keen on Vaughan's captaincy in the ODI game. Our plan for the opening bowlers used to be 6 + 2 + 2 with one of the openers bowling at the death with Flintoff. Now Anderson is bowling 8 + 2 in the middle overs. Mahmood bowling 3 or 4 overs at the beginning and 3 overs in the middle and death. The last person I want to see bowling at the death is Mahmood. He has no experience at all. I'd rather have Collingwood.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread Information