• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Broad Replaces Lewis

pasag

RTDAS
I did I wrote those two articles for a mates blog.
Fast bowler Stuart Broad is to replace seamer Jon Lewis in England's World Cup squad.

Lewis - who has not played in the tournament proper - is set to return home to be with his wife, who is experiencing complications in pregnancy, an England team spokesman said.

Broad, 20, has played five one-day internationals since making his England debut last year.

The son of former England opening batsman Chris and the current Young Cricketer of the Year in England, Leicestershire's Broad was involved in England A's recent tour of Bangladesh.
Broad to replace Lewis in England World Cup squad

Fast bowler Stuart Broad is to replace seamer Jon Lewis in England's World Cup squad.

Lewis - who has not played in the tournament proper - is set to return home to be with his wife, who is experiencing complications in pregnancy, an England team spokesman said.

Broad, 20, has played five one-day internationals since making his England debut last year.

The son of former England opening batsman Chris and the current Young Cricketer of the Year in England, Leicestershire's Broad was involved in England A's recent tour of Bangladesh.

pasag

RTDAS
OK I have probably taken this past the joke mark it should have been but im on Work Experience for 3 weeks and im doing it with the ABC Sport section with the journalists :).
Keep trying Rodgie. The 'AFP' down the bottom means the ABC got it from Agence France-Presse, a news wire service.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
This is the worst thing I've ever seen in my life.

Why the hell would a 15-year-old get work experience as a journalist anyway? Surely you'd expect a Journalism student to or something. It's not like this is the Bankstown Gazette.

Last edited:

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Entire thread=woeful. Makes me sad that this kind of arguing continually occurs.

pasag

RTDAS
Entire thread=woeful. Makes me sad that this kind of arguing continually occurs.
Haha 'arguing'. The kid stole two news reports, passed them off as his own on numerous occasions, was caught out and everyone's called the situation as they see it - dire. Don't know what your on about with the arguing comment tbh.

Last edited:

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Richard and Rodgie earlier in the thread could be construed as arguing. But Rodgie was being dire then too tbh.