Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: sri lankas bowling attack the best?

Banned

sri lankas bowling attack the best?

from what i have seen in this worldcup i think their bowling attack is the best.

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    That's gotta be 3 theads in 5 minutes if not less...
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

Banned
    yeah sri lanka take quick wickets.

International Debutant Dissector's Avatar
    Yes it's the best. Vaas and Murali are certainly ODI greats and Malinga is emerging as one. Jaysuriya and Dilshan are among the best of the part-timers out there. When Fernando bowls well the attack becomes really formidable and one of the all-time best in ODI's. We will have to see if he can maintain the kind of bowling he has shown in the last couple of games.

I think more than anything they have great variety to their bowling attack.

They have most bases covered when it comes to bowling, with the likes of Vass,Murali,Malinga,Fernando and Jayasuriya backed up well by part-time options of Dilshan and Arnold.

So on any given surface their bowling attack can be effective due to the variety and quality of their attack.

What has shocked me is how well Fernando has bowled. For someone who I thought was a worse bowler than Dilshan, he's really stepped up in this WC.
    ~ Cribbage ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

Sri Lanka's Bowling Attack

The bowling performances by these guys so far (Malinga & Murali) has been phenomenal. They are deffinately in with a shout to win the whole thing!

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    What has shocked me is how well Fernando has bowled. For someone who I thought was a worse bowler than Dilshan, he's really stepped up in this WC.
    I agree regarding Fernando, this is by far the best I have ever seen him bowl. Whenever he has toured New Zealand he has been about 5km slower and always looked far less accurate and threatening. He has really stepped up though, and filled in the weak link in Sri Lanka's bowling attack.
    The Future of International Cricket - Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravi Bopara, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan, Salman Butt, JP Duminy
    Proud Supporter of the Bangladeshi Tigers
    Ryan ten Doeschate - A Legend in the Making
    MSN: zacattack90@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Romance can be dealt with elsewhere - I just don't enjoy it in cricket.

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    He's bowled way better than I was expecting but TBH he's done that for a game or two before.

IMO New Zealand's attack is the best at this World Cup. Bond /Oram/Styris/ Vettori / Mason or Franklin... and sometimes complimented by Jeetan Patel seems to be better all round bowling combination whereas SL 's 4th and 5th bowlers have been known to struggle, NZ does not have any such issues with Styris being the star all rounder of this World Cup so far.

And Australia's attack will go up one or two gears if the need arises ...But so far their batsmen have done enough - so the bowlers haven't needed to do anything spectacular - also because apart from SA and West Indies they have not played any top 8 teams... SA game was on a belter ...so you can't compare bowling in those pitches to other games...

McGrath/Bracken/ Tait/Hogg/Watson +/- Symonds haven't needed to anything spectacular so far.. but one feels in crunch games coming up they will go up a couple of notches on their performance.

If Aussies haven't played against any top 8 sides expect SA and WI, then how many top 8 teams have NZ played against in this WC [ they have only played against ENG and WI].

Does it matter who has played the top sides? everyobody who got to the world cup deserves to be there. A good team can get the job done against both minnows and giants.
    Proudly supporting pink bat grips

The best FC player in the dev league

189 on debut

Yeah Fernando's been hitting the deck extremely hard, and getting good pace. On top of that, he's cut down fairly well on his extras, because he used to have a ridiculous no-ball problem.

Let's see how he goes for the rest of the WC.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Yeah Fernando's been hitting the deck extremely hard, and getting good pace. On top of that, he's cut down fairly well on his extras, because he used to have a ridiculous no-ball problem.

Let's see how he goes for the rest of the WC.
    Was his no-ball problem bad? I never knew about it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information