• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

sri lankas bowling attack the best?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I remember hearing Warne talking about doing this against the West Indies in the Caribbean while bowling to Hooper.

Hooper was coming down the track to him consistently, and Warne couldn't work out how to pick when Hooper would charge, and when he would play from the crease. He decided to come in to bowl, with no intention of letting the ball go, and just watch Hooper. He worked out that Hooper would glance down at his boots as Warne was coming in to bowl when he intended playing from the crease, but would just look straight at Warne when he was going to charge.

He got his information, and then was more successful against him.

As long as its not done constantly, I don't see an issue with it. Frankly, if a batsman is premeditating his shots so much that it makes the bowler's tactic effective, then that his the risk he takes.
Yep, agree 100%. It's a legit tactic to counter premeditated strokes from batsmen IMO.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He could see what shot Bopara was going to play
My Dad said exactly the same thing, since Bopara didn't come down the wicket or move to the off/leg side at all then Dilhara could assume he was going to play the ball from the crease. Bit of a risk, but it turns out thats the way it eventuated.