• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

indians and pakistani players lazy

dass

Banned
i think our current players from india and pakistan are really lazy compared to other teams and i guess this is the exact reason they didn't perform in the worldcup. The fielding tells u that how lazy these teams are and also their motivation level is much lower compared to other teams. Greg Chappel i guess wanted to take the laziness out of the indian team and i guess he failed, and he probably criticised Tendulker for the exact same reason, but look how Tendulkar is crying now to the media :dry:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
The batting was the only reason the two of them lost to Ireland and Bangladesh - both possessed the power to annhailate their respective oppos, but failed miserably.

That said, improving fielding for both sides would be an impossibly preferable outcome.

dass

Banned
yes but look at the running between wickets for these two its terrible, that also says that their lazy.

sirdj

State Vice-Captain
The modern game required supreme fitness, and here is where they fall short. Indian fitness levels belong in 1990's and this is why they are such bad fielders. They give nearly 20 extra runs compared to the Aussies in the field which counts dearly in a close match.

Then there is the case of attitude, chaps like Harbhajan have not done a single thing to improve their batting, they feel that they are in the squad to bowl and any runs they make should be seen as a bonus.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Fielding standards as a whole in these two sides are pretty poor, though they do have some spectaculer performers (Yuvraj Singh, Shahid Afridi). Really, it does come down to an attitude problem possessed by quite a few of these top class cricketers.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Shahid Afridi's hardly spectacular, ITBT. Just a bit better than most Pakistanis.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
i think our current players from india and pakistan are really lazy compared to other teams and i guess this is the exact reason they didn't perform in the worldcup. The fielding tells u that how lazy these teams are and also their motivation level is much lower compared to other teams.
Thats pretty accurate except the 'current players" bit. They have always been like this. In fact. they used to be worse, believe me.

Perm

Shahid Afridi's hardly spectacular, ITBT. Just a bit better than most Pakistanis.
Quite a bit better than most Pakistanis, at least in the fielding department. He lets himself down in other areas though.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I honestly don't think he's a lot better. A lot better than Inzamam-ul-Haq and Danish Kaneria, yeah, but that's hardly difficult. I don't see that he's any more than a bit better than, for instance, Mohammad Asif and Abdur\l Razzaq.

Perm

Abdul Razzaq is a poor fielder and I've seen him a number of times so I feel reasonably qualified to judge him, he is very lazy in the field and sets an extremely poor example. He may be a natural athlete or whatever, but he sure as hell doesn't show it when he's fielding. Now I don't want to try and champion Shahid Afridi, but his displays in the field are usually pretty energetic and lifts the standard of the sides (not as much as Yuvraj does for India) and has taken some very good catches and made a lot of solid saves.

Perm

Fact of the matter is that he just isn't Test class. I know the selectors have messed him around but until he makes it into the Test side and cements his spot, then he shouldn't be considered as a captain or anything. Fair enough he should be in the ODI side, and him and Yuvraj make a very formidable off-side field.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Three more words: Isn't Test Class

Based on what ? He averages 63 over his last 5 tests.....

Unless India give him a continous run of tests to prove himself, instead of using him as a stop-gap measure, we will not know for certainty whether he is test class or not.

I think he has the potential to be a good batsman at test level. He may not be outrageously talented, but he has an excellent work ethic and unlike many other Indian players, he is good under pressure.....some of his best knocks in tests have come against good bowling attacks with his team in a tight corner.

No doubt Dicko to come on here and give some claptrap in 5,4,3.....

Perm

Based on what ? He averages 63 over his last 5 tests.....

Unless India give him a continous run of tests to prove himself, instead of using him as a stop-gap measure, we will not know for certainty whether he is test class or not.

I think he has the potential to be a good batsman at test level. He may not be outrageously talented, but he has an excellent work ethic and unlike many other Indian players, he is good under pressure.....some of his best knocks in tests have come against good bowling attacks with his team in a tight corner.

No doubt Dicko to come on here and give some claptrap in 5,4,3.....
Give me all the numbers you want, is he going to force his way into the side before Dravid, Tendulkar, Ganguly, Laxman or Yuvraj Singh? No I don't think he is, therefore he can't be judged as Test class until he makes it into the side and stays there.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Give me all the numbers you want, is he going to force his way into the side before Dravid, Tendulkar, Ganguly, Laxman or Yuvraj Singh? No I don't think he is, therefore he can't be judged as Test class until he makes it into the side and stays there.
Yes But that's different from claiming he ISN'T test class. :laugh:
Unproven still yes.....but you can't say one way or another at this stage.