Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chappell resigns as India coach

Chappell resigns as India coach

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

Well I'll be damned.

Probably the best thing that could occur to cool things off a little, because IMO it was fairly obvious he was going to go one way or another.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Hope with Chappell resigning the whole Chappell v/s Indian players issue comes to an end.

I think Chappell should have done this as soon as the Indian team arrived back home.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    I'd say resign is a bit of a strong word seeing as his contract was about to expire, was he honestly going to get another one after the trials and tribulations of his tenure?
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Apparently because he announced his decision before the expiry date it was a resignation.

Banned
    i guess indians really should stop dreaming, they will never become a team like australia until we make the enviroment that is in australia for cricket.

It is good for Indian Cricket. He was a smart guy with lots of ideas but didn't have the skill to implement those ideas not to forget his poor man management skills. Whatever it is, he is a much richer man now, in his two years as Indian coach he earned close to 400,000 USD + perks.

Good Luck Guru Greg.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanz View Post
    It is good for Indian Cricket. He was a smart guy with lots of ideas but didn't have the skill to implement those ideas not to forget his poor man management skills. Whatever it is, he is a much richer man now, in his two years as Indian coach he earned close to 400,000 USD + perks.

Good Luck Guru Greg.
    Wouldn't call $200,000 a year for living away from home in a high pressure job that extravagant, if that's what you're implying.
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

People like Chappell who are honest and in your face won't work in Indian cricket,which is the biggest problem with Indian cricket.

Indian cricket set-up is just interested is financial gains and same can be said about the players too,so when somebody like Chappell stands up and says this is wrong and needs to change,he is chucked out of the job and is blamed for everything that went wrong with Indian cricket during his tenure as coach.

International Debutant Dissector's Avatar
    I don't think being in your face is Chappell's main problem tbh. He just seems to have poor man management skills which would hurt him in most coaching positions. It's not as if he has had great success as a coach anywhere else. Anyway there are clearly problems with Indian cricket that go beyond Chappell but getting rid of him is a good start.

I hope the next person is someone who has actually succeeded as a coach instead of a big name. I would also like to see someone with experience in Indian domestic cricket. What about someone like Inktihab Alam who coaches for Punjab and has also been successful at the international level?

It's about time that he retires.
    Well the Irish did it on St Patrick's day

Rip Fardin Qayyumi, Bob Woolmer and Craig.
    No offence Neil
    "No good thing ever dies." Andy Dufresne. The Shawshank Redemption.
    "Don't interupt the emeny when they're making a mistake" Napoleon

Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    so now that he is gone, I bet nothing will be done about the players and all the stuff they have done wrong during his tenure will just get brushed under the carpet, esp. since the names involved seem to be big ones like Sachin, Sourav etc.

I am afraid I foresee another very very disappointing and mediocre few years ahead, with the odd Tendulkar hundred (can see him get rejuvenated and do well again, now that Greg is gone and he still has something to prove) or Dhoni dhamaka will all be what we will get (and it will satisfy our average fan too, BTW).
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Could see it coming from a mile away, better he goes on his own terms I suppose.
    The Future of International Cricket - Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravi Bopara, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan, Salman Butt, JP Duminy
    Proud Supporter of the Bangladeshi Tigers
    Ryan ten Doeschate - A Legend in the Making
    MSN: zacattack90@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Romance can be dealt with elsewhere - I just don't enjoy it in cricket.

does anyone know what the hell ian chappell is insinuating in the first paragraph of this article:

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/extr...ry/288909.html

why would he bring woolmer's murder into the mix and tie it into chappell's resignation? what has one to do with the other?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information