• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tendulkar speaks out

Rosh

School Boy/Girl Captain
Speaking to The Times of India, Tendulkar said, "I've given my heart and my soul for 17 years. No coach had mentioned even in passing that my attitude was not correct. Cricket has been my life for all these years and will always be."

Tendulkar is treated as GOD in India. No Coach will ever have guts to criticise him as it is sure to backfire in a media hyped country as India. Guru Greg has mentioned actual things that happens in the dressing rooms, and it surely will hurt the bullies. The indian team should regroup and start with young bunch of lads (example- B'desh) & the old horses should retire ASAP.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Speaking to The Times of India, Tendulkar said, "I've given my heart and my soul for 17 years. No coach had mentioned even in passing that my attitude was not correct. Cricket has been my life for all these years and will always be."

Tendulkar is treated as GOD in India. No Coach will ever have guts to criticise him as it is sure to backfire in a media hyped country as India. Guru Greg has mentioned actual things that happens in the dressing rooms, and it surely will hurt the bullies. The indian team should regroup and start with young bunch of lads (example- B'desh) & the old horses should retire ASAP.
Sachin will continue to rule Indian cricket andhave his wishes fulfilled till someone actually has the guts to speak the truth to him.

Dont get me wrong, he has done good things almost throughout his career but the point is what he did during the WC is just not acceptable, if the reports are true.

sirdj

State Vice-Captain
I dont think there is any problem with Sachin's attitude............its just that his performance is not as good as it used to be and the the arguement that a Sachin at 40% is better than any other player instead of him is really stupid...............if he continues to block up that position and place in the squad how will you ever find out if someone else can take his place??

I think people forget that Sachin despite all the hype about his talent etc started his career quite tamely. It was only after he had been in the team for 2 years that he started performing. If you throw a Raina or a Dinesh Mongia out of the team after 10-15 matches or so you will forever be selecting people based on temporary flashes of form and not serious talent.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Sachin will continue to rule Indian cricket andhave his wishes fulfilled till someone actually has the guts to speak the truth to him.

Dont get me wrong, he has done good things almost throughout his career but the point is what he did during the WC is just not acceptable, if the reports are true.
What did he do during the WC? Must have missed this one

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
What did he do during the WC? Must have missed this one
As far as one day cricket is concerned what has he done in calendar years 2006 and 2007 not to deserve a place as a batsman in the side ?

Its in tests that he has been performing so poorly for a very very long time now.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I think the "thing" he's did during the WC is the attitude issues, and 'rebellion' against Dravid/Chappell that he among others were involved in, which is what Geraint was asking about.

TT just gave a smartarse answer :p

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I think the "thing" he's did during the WC is the attitude issues, and 'rebellion' against Dravid/Chappell that he among others were involved in, which is what Geraint was asking about.

TT just gave a smartarse answer :p
About what happened at the world cup we still need to know the facts a bit more reliably. If true it is a disgrace. Not new in Indian cricket though.

It does seem plausible in a way because Saurav, Harbhajan, Zaheer, Yuvraj, Sehwag were considered a gang when Saurav was captain. Tendulkar though never considered a club member did welcome Ganguly very strongly when he came back. But it can be argued that someone had to make Ganguly lose his initial awkwardness in getting back after the bitterness of his parting and Sachin was doing a great job in this case.

Then there are those who say Sachin never forgave Rahul for declaring the inings with him at 194. Well ???

Its very messy which ever way one looks and reads. It is also depressing.

The blame game is going to go on and the honchos at BCCI are going to be busy tackling Zee TV's threat for some time now. Not that they have too many good heads with no vested interests who can sort this mess.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
As far as one day cricket is concerned what has he done in calendar years 2006 and 2007 not to deserve a place as a batsman in the side ?

Its in tests that he has been performing so poorly for a very very long time now.
I wasn't questioning, or defending, his place in the team. I read hb's posts to be that tendulkar had breached team discipline

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I wasn't questioning, or defending, his place in the team. I read hb's posts to be that tendulkar had breached team discipline
Thats okay my dear. I wasn't addressing you. Just a general comment. One tends to tag on as 'quote' the last post that one reads. :)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
TBH, I don't think Tendulkar is saying anything here that many people didn't seem to already know. There were a number of posters a good week ago commenting on the rift in the Indian team.

I just can't see how Greg Chappell can continue as coach now, TBH. Even if his results have for the most part been reasonably good.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Thats okay my dear. I wasn't addressing you. Just a general comment. One tends to tag on as 'quote' the last post that one reads. :)
Why not just press the "post reply"? :huh:

IMO a quote should only be used when replying directly to said post (and never if you're replying to the most recent one). Can cause confusion and unneccessarily lengthen the time the page takes to load respectively.

dass

Banned
i think tendulaker seriously sucks now, i mean just look at his average over the last 20 matches.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Obviously, we cant comment upon the attitude in the dressing room but if I were an Indian cricket fan, I'd be appalled at the standard of fielding of some players and, in that regard, it's obvious that some arent putting the work in on the training paddock.

If Monty Panesar can go from absolutely hopeless in the field to quite acceptable (given his lack of athleticism) in the space of 18 months, why cant some of the Indians?

Their performances are evidence that some have the wrong attitude for international cricket. They are seemingly quite happy to accept the rewards that goes with being a member of the team whilst being unprepared to do the work required to achieve success once there.

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
Sachin Tendulkar said:
"Tell me, the world has gone on talking about all this, but has anybody spared a thought for us? Did they try to find out what we have been going through? I am shattered beyond words and I feel helpless. I've never felt so bad in my entire career."
:cry: :baby:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
SJS continues to amaze me with his very objective assessment of Bhagwan Sri Sachin Tendulkarji Maharaj's performance in ODIs, Here is an eye opener though :-

"Tendulkar's overall stats look impressive, but check out his recent performances against the two best sides - apart from the 55 against South Africa at Centurion, he hasn't managed a single half-century in 11 innings. The best players always like to measure themselves against the strongest opposition, and in Tendulkar's case the recent numbers don't stack up well at all. "

Vs. Aus & SA since Sep'05 - Tendulkar's avg. is 14.09

In Difficult Batting conditions, since Sep'05 - 27.13

The Real Culprits

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i think tendulaker seriously sucks now, i mean just look at his average over the last 20 matches.
20 558 100* 32.82 1 5

Not what he used to be, but still pretty acceptable IMO.