• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who will get through to the Semis?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I think all this talk of missing Australia in the semis and rather facing them in finals is utter crap, i think if the Aussies make it to the finals they would win the WC hands down.

Just look at the 99 and 03 WC where they limped through to victories in semis (a tie in 99 semi-final) but in both 99 and 03 finals they just crushed their opponents.
Going by that, if SL make the final, they're a guaranteed winner, I mean look at 96. 8-)

Evermind

International Debutant
8-)

People, I see so many false hopes, so many wishes and expectations.

Aus are gonna crush all the other teams and go through to the final, then thrash whichever team that has the misfortune of getting there.

As much as we dread such a prospect, it's inevitable. It's pretty much over as a contest.

Dasgupta

School Boy/Girl Captain
8-)

Aus are gonna crush all the other teams and go through to the final, then thrash whichever team that has the misfortune of getting there.

As much as we dread such a prospect, it's inevitable. It's pretty much over as a contest.
There's no way it's over yet. Anyone remember the Chappell Hadlee?

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
8-)

As much as we dread such a prospect, it's inevitable. It's pretty much over as a contest
How do you know that Australia are gonna win? You got yourself a time machine have ya?

I don't get all this crap about how "Australia are gonna win so easily", "The final is just gonna be Australia vs ........", "It's pretty much over as a contest". I mean wtf? Its just pathetic. Seriously. What makes you think so? Am i missing something?

Once we get to the semi's anything is possible. I can see any of the 4 teams winning it from there. I can see Australia losing its semi, I can see Australia losing the final, and I can also see Australia winning it all. But by no means whatsoever, am I so pessimistic, so negative, so blind, so ignorant, to think that its gonna just be a walkover for Australia.

Have Australia played Sri Lanka or New Zealand yet? The two other big sides in the tournament? :huh: Thats right, they haven't have they.

They have played Scotland, Netherlands, South Africa (ranked #1 at the time), West Indies (#8), Bangladesh (#9), England (#7). At the beginning of the tournament i would have expected Australia to win all those games, and only have trouble with the South Africa game. And tbh, thats exactly what happened. Its not exactly like they have been playing the heavyweights. (Just like New Zealand who have there first test tonight). Basically the real tournament starts from now, with matchups like NZL vs SRL, NZL vs RSA, NZL vs AUS, SRL vs AUS etc. They are the big games, where the TOP 4 play each other. So far the only such games have been AUS vs RSA and SRL vs RSA

So how can you all say this crap? Its really get on my nerves. Maybe I can understand it from an Australian standpoint, maybe. But.......argh

As a sports fan I am disappointed in all of those people who have made such comments.

Last edited: