• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who will get through to the Semis?

shortpitched713

International Captain
Predicting this in order:

1. Australia- will win out the rest of their games
2. New Zealand- will lose to Australia and SA
3. South Africa- will win out the rest of their games
4. Sri Lanka- will lose to Australia and narrowly to New Zealand

5. England- will lose to both Australia and SA
6. WI- will lose to SA and narrowly to England

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Predicting this in order:

1. Australia- will win out the rest of their games
2. New Zealand- will lose to Australia and SA
3. South Africa- will win out the rest of their games
4. Sri Lanka- will lose to Australia and narrowly to New Zealand

5. England- will lose to both Australia and SA
6. WI- will lose to SA and narrowly to England

Agree with most of your predictions, although I personally think NZ are more likely to lose to SL than SA in these conditions

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Agree with most of your predictions, although I personally think NZ are more likely to lose to SL than SA in these conditions
I hope you are right, last series in NZ was tied at 2-2 . So it will be a very tight game.

The winner will have the advantage of missing Australia in the Semifinal, which must be a great advantage . (and a distinct increase in Prize money -ie Runners-up Money than a quarter -finalist .:) )

The_Bunny

State Regular
I hope you are right, last series in NZ was tied at 2-2 . So it will be a very tight game.

The winner will have the advantage of missing Australia in the Semifinal, which must be a great advantage . (and a distinct increase in Prize money -ie Runners-up Money than a quarter -finalist .:) )
Lolol

Wonder what happened to "the most open WC":ph34r:

frey

School Boy/Girl Captain
Too early to call but it looks likely to be:

Australia :laugh:
Sri Lanka 8-)
New Zealand 8-)
West Indies :-O

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

All the best.

Zinzan

Geeze...c'mon fellas, sure Australia are favourites and are playing good cricket, but they are beatable. Whilst I acknowledge they are favourites, I wouldn't put it past either SL or NZ to beat them on a good day. The WC certainly isn't a foregone conclusion as far as I'm concerned.

Ash_A55

U19 Captain
Geeze...c'mon fellas, sure Australia are favourites and are playing good cricket, but they are beatable. Whilst I acknowledge they are favourites, I wouldn't put it past either SL or NZ to beat them on a good day. The WC certainly isn't a foregone conclusion as far as I'm concerned.
NZ can definately beat them, and so can Sri Lanka. I hope they do TBH

corza_nz

School Boy/Girl Captain
i think it will be
Australia
New Zealand
Sri Lanka
South Africa

that 4th spot is wide open but i think south africa will edge out everyone else.

oz_fan

International Regular
Australia and New Zealand will definately make it and Sri Lanka should make it. The 4th spot is still anyones. I think South Africa will make it but they still have 3 tough matches against WI, NZ and England so they're no certainties

frey

School Boy/Girl Captain
The WI for the 4th spot because of the home ground influence.

In any case, Australia should win the final. They have steadily built up their form and have few peers in terms of their ability to increase the intensity and pressure on an opponent during a big match. History has shown this. They have big match players in Ponting, Gilchrist, Hayden, Hussey and others such as Tate, Bracken, Clarke, Symonds and Hodge are reaching form at the right end of the competition. It will not be one way traffic, but you would have to tip them as favourites to win the title at this stage. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Given that the 2 teams are pretty closely matched and the 2-2 tied result in NZ only a tie between the Teams on Thursday will be a fair result.

Zinzan

Given that the 2 teams are pretty closely matched and the 2-2 tied result in NZ only a tie between the Teams on Thursday will be a fair result.
Truth be known, I'm sure NZ would love a tie (or even a no result) as it would surely ensure them a semi regardless taking them to 9 points

pup11

International Coach
I think all this talk of missing Australia in the semis and rather facing them in finals is utter crap, i think if the Aussies make it to the finals they would win the WC hands down.

Just look at the 99 and 03 WC where they limped through to victories in semis (a tie in 99 semi-final) but in both 99 and 03 finals they just crushed their opponents.