• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who will get through to the Semis?

sirdj

State Vice-Captain
I think these will be the four teams going through to the Semi-Finals:

New Zealand
Australia
Sri Lanka
England

Who do you think will go through?
England????...................:laugh: :laugh:

Boy are you optimistic.

Its going to be Aus, NZ, SL and SA.

Ash_A55

U19 Captain
Through to the semis;
Australia
Sri Lanka
New Zealand
South Africa

England blew thier chance last night not beat Sri Lanka

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I am picking basically the same as every one else, I never thought that England or the West Indies were going to advance past the Super Eight stage. Before the tournament started, I did have India as one of my semi final picks though, in favour of Sri Lanka.

Australia
New Zealand
Sri Lanka
South Africa

Ash_A55

U19 Captain
I think England & West Indies were the outside teams who had a chance of making the finals. Seems niether of them are up to the standard this world cup!

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Indeed, and not only that but they'll also a turnaround of the opposite kind by Sri Lanka, South Africa or NZ. Of those I believe only NZ is capable of it...but I'm desperately hoping they won't do it.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Here's a suggestion... presuming everyone beats Ban and Ireland who still has to play them...

Eng beat Aus
SA beat WI
SL beat NZ
SA beat NZ
SL beat Aus
SA beat Eng
WI beat Eng
NZ then have to beat Aus to get through... :scared:

:p

pup11

International Coach
You never know with England one day they play like beggars and like kings on another.

So counting out England atm would not be right, especially when you take into account that they just lost their last game by 2 runs.

But once they lose to Australia they would be virtually knocked-out.

SpinnaInATurban

Cricket Spectator
You never know with England one day they play like beggars and like kings on another.
90% of the time like beggars though, so you pretty much do know.

That's like taking Bangladesh's win over Aus in the 05 England ODI series and saying you never know with them as one day they play like beggars and like kings on another.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
90% of the time like beggars though, so you pretty much do know.

That's like taking Bangladesh's win over Aus in the 05 England ODI series and saying you never know with them as one day they play like beggars and like kings on another.
Similar things could be said about Afridi, too. He bats like a "beggar" 95% of the time and then flukes a good innings once a year - at which time you always start a new thread praising him as the second coming.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Similar things could be said about Afridi, too. He bats like a "beggar" 95% of the time and then flukes a good innings once a year - at which time you always start a new thread praising him as the second coming.
:D