• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Black Caps accused of racism

dass

Banned
i dont know about this to tell you the truth, New Zeland to me always looks the most disciplined yet friendly natured team.

Athlai

Not Terrible
That article plays it down, it sounds as if the Newspaper was just making something out of nothing.

To be honest I'd think that if it had any substance to it they would apologise quite quickly. Fleming has always been good with public relations in that manner.

Calvin

Cricket Spectator
Not surprised one bit, met McMillan once when he came to Pakistan really came across as an obnoxious stuck up sort of guy who thought of himself as superior to us.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Can't imagine too many of the Kiwi's doing this, unless it was in a "bro" sort of sense. ****** gets used a little bit at our school, between the brown boys.

Perm

I don't think it matters whatever way you spell it, especially when you are saying it to a fellow human being. By the brown boys I meant the Maori and Pacific Island guys we have at our school, and the one Negro. They often refer to each other as "******", just like they would say "Bro".

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Well it has already been investigated and they have found no substance to the claims. Clearly just some idiot, probably in the media, looking to spark a beat-up.

pup11

International Coach
If this thing is true then its shocking since i rate the Kiwis very highly when it comes down to discipline, so i certainly don't expect them to abuse anybody on the basis of their race.

Anyways then you also got to take into account that there is no smoke without fire, if any Kiwi player is guilty of racism then he needs to be punished.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
I don't think it matters whatever way you spell it, especially when you are saying it to a fellow human being. By the brown boys I meant the Maori and Pacific Island guys we have at our school, and the one Negro. They often refer to each other as "******", just like they would say "Bro".
it kind of does. because if you say ****** it usually means like you're trying to insult someone but if you say nigga its just like friends messing around with friends...is it right to call a black person negro over there? because that's really offensive...

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
One of the reports I've heard today was that the group of players included Jeetan Patel...I doubt he would have been pleased if his team-mates had made a horrible racial remark!

Perm

it kind of does. because if you say ****** it usually means like you're trying to insult someone but if you say nigga its just like friends messing around with friends...is it right to call a black person negro over there? because that's really offensive...
I don't see why it wouldn't be okay, they are Negros or African Americans as far as I'm concerned. Well, I do kind of understand what you are saying about ******/nigga but yeah, it's always meant in a relaxed sort of fashion over here.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
I have to say it would surprise me if a racist comment was made by a Kiwi player. Might have been a joke being told that got misconstrewed?

meatspx

U19 Cricketer
This shouldn't even be mentioned by all the major newspapers or media organisations. If you read the NZ's manager account of the events its obvious that there is no proof whatsoever, just a few workers who thought that they heard the 'n' word said accros the room by a group of older NZers (probably the management staff). They didn't take it further because they were unsure themselves (and in anycase it would have not been directed at them) - a pretty good indication that it didn't actually happen.

Idiotic journalists like the ones from my local newspaper (the Waikato Times) repeat the accusation that they said good morning 'n word' TWICE even though we know that it didn't go down like that IF the word was actually said.

It's a load of bollocks and I hope the story dies. It disspoints me that the team's reputation will be sullied world-wide and I don't expect the explanation of what really happaned to be publicised as much as these unsubstantiated rumours. That's totally unfair on the players.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
I don't see why it wouldn't be okay, they are Negros or African Americans as far as I'm concerned. Well, I do kind of understand what you are saying about ******/nigga but yeah, it's always meant in a relaxed sort of fashion over here.
Well, calling negro is offensive, while african americans/african australian or the normal simple- black is ok. same as white....negro is a racial slur...as for the nigga yeah its used in a relaxed way here too but not when a white guy comes a long and say ******...then we got trouble :p

Perm

Well, calling negro is offensive, while african americans/african australian or the normal simple- black is ok. same as white....negro is a racial slur...as for the nigga yeah its used in a relaxed way here too but not when a white guy comes a long and say ******...then we got trouble :p
Personally I don't have a problem with negro, and fail to see why others do.

Macka

U19 Vice-Captain
Not surprised one bit, met McMillan once when he came to Pakistan really came across as an obnoxious stuck up sort of guy who thought of himself as superior to us.
Good on 'em. Pakistan have a disgusting human rights record.

Oh, and this "story" is nothing but unsubstantiated rubbish. Someone thought they heard the word whilst a group of NZ players were talking together... Jeetan Patel included.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
Personally I don't have a problem with negro, and fail to see why others do.
cause its a racial slur....its like me calling you a cracker(guessing for you're white) but not to be taken in a friendly way...so i rather stop it here because negro seriously is offensive here(but nigga's different) and it may be ok there..so don't want to get into that...

LA ICE-E

State Captain
Good on 'em. Pakistan have a disgusting human rights record.

Oh, and this "story" is nothing but unsubstantiated rubbish. Someone thought they heard the word whilst a group of NZ players were talking together... Jeetan Patel included.
Jeetan Patel isn't black though is he?