• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Black Caps accused of racism

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
cause its a racial slur....its like me calling you a cracker(guessing for you're white) but not to be taken in a friendly way...so i rather stop it here because negro seriously is offensive here(but nigga's different) and it may be ok there..so don't want to get into that...
Well, I've never had anyone discipline me for using the term negro. I will ask my African American friend tomorrow if he finds it offensive though.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I think the only fair way of dealing with this situation is to take NZ's points off them, and give them all to England.

Nah, hopefully this is just a storm in a teacup. Seems silly to me.

Natman20

International Debutant
As a NZr i dont think we have cultural tendancies to discriminate against other races. We ourselves are multi-cultural and live together with many cultures and for anyone to go against that is not really on especially as you are representing a country. I dont believe they said any racial comments.

Josh

International Regular
How can you NOT be surprised at a newspaper publishing a story on the basis of a rumour??

Isolator

State 12th Man
Well, I've never had anyone discipline me for using the term negro. I will ask my African American friend tomorrow if he finds it offensive though.
AFAIK, going around saying "negro" in say... the US, is asking for trouble.

OTOH in other places, (India for example) "******" is a word freely used, generally without any awareness of how it's looked at elsewhere.

Beleg

International Regular
Good on 'em. Pakistan have a disgusting human rights record
So, because Pakistan has a disgusting human rights record, New Zealanders are superior to us?

Troll much?

Evermind

International Debutant
Oh god "journalism" has sunk so low I can't believe it. That is the vaguest and most needlessly sensationalistic article I've read in some time.

Here's the summary: "MMmmm...basically, someone in or involved with the NZ team may or may not have used a racially insensitive word according to some unconfirmed third hand information circulating around unspecified quarters".

Jesus Christ, honestly. What a farce of a world cup this is.

quytst0rm

School Boy/Girl Captain
it kind of does. because if you say ****** it usually means like you're trying to insult someone but if you say nigga its just like friends messing around with friends...is it right to call a black person negro over there? because that's really offensive...
The spelling doesn't matter.

Nishant

International 12th Man
Can't imagine too many of the Kiwi's doing this, unless it was in a "bro" sort of sense. ****** gets used a little bit at our school, between the brown boys.
something that happens in my school as well...i guess its a global thing ( never would have thought of it TBH)

R_D

International Debutant
racism is something i wouldn't usually associated with the nz team.
Another over the top report based on rumors.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Surely not even a team of Kiwis would be stupid enough to racially abuse someone who is preparing the food they are about to eat?:tongue_ss

:sick: