• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

no night games

jemo27

Cricket Spectator
why is there no night games when i remember that the West Indies played Zimbabwe in a day nighter a couple of years ago. it would be much better for me in Australia and the subcontinet

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
You should have told the ICC and the World Cup Organising Committee that it would be inconvenient for you before the tournament started then.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
:laugh: Nice selfish attitudes!

Nonetheless, I have wondered why there have been no day\nighters.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
from what i heard from other people here(there was a thread about this) it was because it wasn't fair or something like that for the team batting second in the last wc so they didn't want it to be the same...

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I doubt conditions in WI would be that similar to South Africa though...

jemo27

Cricket Spectator
the ground that does have lights is where group c games were played the Beausejour Stadium in Saint Lucia, no night games were probablt scheduled because of England, why did say the groupB with three sub continet teams and bermuda much better time

pup11

International Coach
Yeah it would have been fun to have some day-nighters in the WC but I$C$C$ [©Richard] has its own mind and they might have thought why waste money by using lights.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
your stupid...that's the worst worst comment about the icc ever...and isn't valid...but simply stupid

pup11

International Coach
Hey LA ICE-E just chill out can't you take some humour, and why are you getting so hyper if i joked about the ICC does someone from your family work for ICC for you to lose your cool like that.

P.S: You are entitled to give your opinion but don't you call me stupid, thank you and have a nice day!!

corza_nz

School Boy/Girl Captain
i think its good that theres no day nighters coz traditionally the west indies is terrible conditions for the team batting 2nd. apparantly the team batting first at day nighters in the west indies win 70-80% of matches. which isnt very fun coz then the winner of the toss is greatly advantaged. whereas in these day games it hasnt seemed to matter that much really.

quytst0rm

School Boy/Girl Captain
your stupid...that's the worst worst comment about the icc ever...and isn't valid...but simply stupid
How can you have the guts to call someone stupid, when all of your posts are unthoughtful, idiotic and obnoxious? We respect your opinion and expect the same from you.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
really i didn't know all of my posts are "unthoughtful, idiotic and obnoxious". Can you be kind enough to point some out?

LA ICE-E

State Captain
Hey LA ICE-E just chill out can't you take some humour, and why are you getting so hyper if i joked about the ICC does someone from your family work for ICC for you to lose your cool like that.

P.S: You are entitled to give your opinion but don't you call me stupid, thank you and have a nice day!!
my bad, i didn't know it was a joke cause you didn't use a simely or something. But yeah its my bad for losing my cool like that and im sorry...hope its all good...

pup11

International Coach
LA ICE-E, Lets just get over that mate, you apologised and for me that matter ends right there itself. So don't worry about it and lets be friends.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
from what i heard from other people here(there was a thread about this) it was because it wasn't fair or something like that for the team batting second in the last wc so they didn't want it to be the same...
Day\night games "not being fair on X" is the biggest load of nonsense ever.

Only very rarely does batting first or second in a day\nighter provide any real advantage, and there are many other occasions when such a thing applies in day games, too.

IMO day\night cricket is something that a major tourney is always better with than without. Especially given the paucity of the crowds to date.