• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Glen "Pigeon" McGrath - Appreciation Thread.

pup11

International Coach
Glen "Pigeon" McGrath = The best fast bowler ever (IMO) and now the most successfull bowler in WC history with 57 wickets and still counting.

What can i say about this man he is just great, he is great player, a great representative of his country and the game of cricket, and above all a great human-being.

Congratulations to Pidge for becoming the most successfull bowler in history of WC.

*** Hats off to the great man, applauds***

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pretty sure we had a thread similar to this started by silenstriker. Something about Glenn McGrath-Our Lord and Saviour.

pup11

International Coach
McGrath- Our lord and saviour nah!!, i won't go on that path but i just started this thread to appreciate Pidge's achievements and his new record of being the most successfull bowler in the WC history.

I hope now with record in the bag he hangs his boots with the WC in his hands (for a 3rd time in a row) on 28th April.

Evermind

International Debutant
Yeah, this is just what we need - a thread about the most underrated and underexposed fast bowler of all time.

pup11

International Coach
Evermind, Give me a break man.
Neither is McGrath underrated since everyone is world of cricket appreciates his skills with the ball, and he definietly is not underexposed as he has picked wickets in almost every part of the world on flat-tracks at a miserly economy rate and at a very good strike-rate too.

So can't understand what you talking about.

howardj

International Coach
Probably one of the last times I'll see Glenn McGrath bowl tonight. He's just such a big match performer. It's a measure of the man that you expect the world from him in big games, and he always seems to deliver...and then it goes by without comment. I expect him to steal England's Easter eggs tonight.

We love you Macca.

You big bully.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
SS made me appreciate what a great bowler this bloke really was, a big loss when he retires fully.