• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bowler of the World Cup 2007

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Several contenders have already put their hand up to be recognised as the bowler of the World Cup 2007 , namely Glen MacGrath, Brad Hogg, Makhaya Ntini, Shane Bond, Lasith Malinga, Murali, Charl Langeveldt, Nathan Bracken....

To me Malinga's amazing effort puts him at the top, but McCrath is up there...Does this man get better as he ages or what ... Unbelievable ... Any way here is a link to current Stats on bowlers wickets at World Cup to date... Discuss ...

http://content-nz.cricinfo.com/wc20..._bowling_average.html?id=2403;type=tournament

Athlai

Not Terrible
Murali 9 wickets for 98 runs
Malinga 11 wickets for 130 runs
Hogg 11 wickets for 180 runs
McGrath 12 wickets for 156 runs
Bond 6 wickets for 69 runs

Stand out performances all round.

pup11

International Coach
For me Bond is the best bowler in the WC so far, his stats might not be as good as some of other bowlers but his bowling has been superb to say the least.

I also think its a bit to pre-mature to say who is the best bowler in the WC at this stage of the tournament as some big games are still to be played , we should assess it once the tournament is in its final leg.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bond and Malinga for me, they have been very impressive so far in this tournament.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Believe it or not but i think Hogg has been more impressive than ever, though many others would disagree saying tha Malinga or Murali are better but i think Hogg has played a big part in getting us few impressive victories.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
For me Bond is the best bowler in the WC so far, his stats might not be as good as some of other bowlers but his bowling has been superb to say the least.

I agree, and speaking of his stats, firstly he was rested for one of the minnow games and secondly his economy rate is a freakish 2.56 per over, miles ahead of the 2nd most economical bowler. Add to that his average of 11

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I agree, and speaking of his stats, firstly he was rested for one of the minnow games and secondly his economy rate is a freakish 2.56 per over, miles ahead of the 2nd most economical bowler. Add to that his average of 11
Agree completely, he was basically unplayable in the first few overs against the West Indies. How didn't get more wickets in his opening spell, I will never know.

Tomm NCCC

International 12th Man
^ The bloke above me... Brillaint username

I think Lasith has been outstanding. Batsmen have not had an answer for his pace, and "those" four wickets were incredible. Unpresidented acheivement and my money is on him finishing with the most Wickets in WC 2007.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Malinga been awesome and Pacey...so is Bond!
and i'm hugely impressed by Hogg, he's gunning it a fair bit imho

simmy

International Regular
Malinga has been woefully overrated IMO. Without that wonder over he has been fairly innocuous.

Tomm NCCC

International 12th Man
Malinga has been woefully overrated IMO. Without that wonder over he has been fairly innocuous.
I will agree that his economy rate has been quite high. It always is, but for the amount of wickets he takes, and when he can get them, he is invaluable. Despite that though, I think England dealt with him well in 2006, and he will hopefully be less effective on wednesday

Woodster

International Captain
Yes I would agree with the names already said. Think Shane Bond has been outstanding and his fitness is key to New Zealands progress. Bowls well at the start, comes back in the middle overs to break a partnership or nip a couple out, and finishes strongly at the death.

Malinga also has been very impressive. Must be an awkward bowler to get used to facing with his bizarre action. Excellent pace and literally bowls yorkers at will.

These are the two that stand out for me at this still very early stage.

Natman20

International Debutant
The only thing wrong with Malinga is that he has tended to be quite expensive but I guess his wicket taking near the ends of innings makes up for it. Bond has been consistently on the money. Oram and Styris also deserve a mention from the NZ squad. Hogg will certainly be up there but I dont think he poses the same threat as Bond does. I would have loved to have seen Brett Lee bowl in this world cup and I find it very unfortunate hes not there.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
McGrath - considering they have to wheel him in at his age, pretty impressive.
Bond has been great as well.
Would put those 2 ahead of Hogg, Malinga & Murali, just, at the moment but there's still a fair while to go.