• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bowler of the World Cup 2007

simmy

International Regular
Andre Nel. He really bowled far far better than he does most of the time.
Do you really think that Nel is the bowler of the tournament or are you saying that his name should be in the "mix"?

Because the bowlers mentioned by pasag and perm have had far superior tournaments.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Andre Nel. He really bowled far far better than he does most of the time.

Andre Nel is completely unco I can't believe he bowls the ball on the pitch tbh. What a dire cricketer he really should take a hard look at himself.

He'd be in my top 50 bowlers of the tournament though.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Andre Nel is completely unco I can't believe he bowls the ball on the pitch tbh. What a dire cricketer he really should take a hard look at himself.

He'd be in my top 50 bowlers of the tournament though.
Care to list the other 49 then? :p

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Care to list the other 49 then? :p
Sure..
1 G McGrath
2 S Tait
3 B Hogg
4 C Langeveldt
5 A Hall
6 M Mortaza
7 M Rafique
8 A Razzak
9 A Flintoff
10 M Muralitharan
11 L Malinga
12 C Vaas
13 F Maharoof
14 D Vettori
15 S Bond
16 S Styris
17 B Rankin
18 Mukkadin
19 R Iftikhar
20 J Oram
21 J Patel
22 S Pollock
23 M Vaughan
24 D Powell
25 D Bravo
26 N Bracken
27 A Botha
28 S Rasel
29 T Odoyo
30 S Tikolo
31 K McCallan
32 T Johnston
33 D Langford Smith
34 D Smith
35 C McMillan
36 J Franklin
37 J Anderson
38 S Mahmood
39 E Chigumbura
40 V Sehwag
41 Z Khan
42 M Patel
43 A Kumble
44 A Agarkar
45 M Sami
46 U Gul
47 S Afridi
48 B Stelling
49 S Dhaniram

That's pretty much it..

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Do you really think that Nel is the bowler of the tournament or are you saying that his name should be in the "mix"?

Because the bowlers mentioned by pasag and perm have had far superior tournaments.
No no. I think he is an ordinary bowler. I was just amazed that he managed to bowl well for a change. I was being sarcastic.

Natman20

International Debutant
Sure..
1 G McGrath (Same as ever)
2 S Tait (Expensive with moderate wicket taking success)
3 B Hogg (Suprise spinner for the tournament has been slightly expensive at times but seems to be taking 2 or 3 wickets per match and definately deserves his spot)
4 C Langeveldt (He hasn't even been selected every match because of in-consistency)
5 A Hall (IMO looks quite all over the place but is helped by batsman playing his pace poorly)
6 M Mortaza (Didn't see too much of Mortaza.)
7 M Rafique (Looked very decent and landed the ball in the right areas most of the time. Quite economical at times and threatening especially against SA)
8 A Razzak (Reminds me of Rafique sort of. He tends to be a little wide sometimes but over-all a good tournament for him with help from the pitches)
9 A Flintoff (Always a decent performer)
10 M Muralitharan (Spin master)
11 L Malinga (Pretty expensive but left everyone in awe for his 4 wickets in 4 balls. His slinging action is hard to read for batsman and his pace upsets)
12 C Vaas (Probably one of the best bowlers of the world cup IMO. Economical and always accurate)
13 F Maharoof (Average like always)
14 D Vettori (Nothing special. His ussual spin but to me looks less accurate and he is tending to be more expensive but is still claiming wickets)
15 S Bond (As threatening as ever even with his lesser pace of around 5 Kph which he sacrificed for accuracy and so far is doing a very good job although he hasn't really made in-roads at the start of innings and ussually gets rid of the tail)
16 S Styris (Always looked better than a part-timer his bowling has been under-rated over the years)
17 B Rankin (A suprising player that came from no-where to become a well liked bowler that comes from Ireland! He tends to lack some fitness because of his innaccuracy at the end of his spells but over-all has looked fairly decent. Along with Langford-Smith they caused shivers and panic situations in teams)
18 Mukkadin (I have never heard of this player! :laugh: )
19 R Iftikhar
20 J Oram (Medium pace works well on these pitches and suits Orams style as it would have also suited Kyle Mills. His height and the bounce generated has been threatening in India and here although it doesn't seem to be so at his home turf)
21 J Patel (A bit disappointing IMO but still managing to be a decent spin option)
22 S Pollock (Either economical and takes wickets often or hes expensive and takes none. Luckily he has done more good bowling rather than poor.)
23 M Vaughan (Comon really? Vaughan has probably only completed one 10 over spell hasn't he? He doesn't bowl often. I guess Fleming deserves to be here if he bowls 1 good over to then :laugh: )
24 D Powell (Good pace and has looked threatening a good bowler for the WI although the performances expected of him did not come out in the last couple of games of the super eight)
25 D Bravo
26 N Bracken (We have known for a while that Bracken is a very consistent left-hand bowler and is great for Australia.)
27 A Botha
28 S Rasel
29 T Odoyo
30 S Tikolo
31 K McCallan
32 T Johnston
33 D Langford Smith
34 D Smith
35 C McMillan
36 J Franklin
37 J Anderson
38 S Mahmood
39 E Chigumbura
40 V Sehwag
41 Z Khan
42 M Patel
43 A Kumble
44 A Agarkar
45 M Sami
46 U Gul
47 S Afridi
48 B Stelling
49 S Dhaniram

That's pretty much it..
Sorry But I have to add some comments to your list

Natman20

International Debutant
My List then...

1 S Bond
2 G Mcgrath
3 L Malinga
4 B Hogg
5 C Vaas
6 M Rafique
7 S Tait
8 M Muralitharan
9 S Pollock
10 A Flintoff
11 D Powell
12 D Vettori
13 N Bracken
14 B Rankin
15 J Oram
16 S Styris
17 D Bravo
18 F Maharoof

Tha'll do for now

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Nel an ordinary bowler?.:blink:
He's not a great bowler or even a very good one. Maybe ordinary is a bad choice in words for an international bowler but he is not amongst the really class bowlers in my opinion.

Its just an opinion mind you.:)

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Natman why did you give up after only half my players?

Just some points..
* Mukkudin is a gun Bermuda bowler, Pakistani born.
* Vaughan has to make the top 50 bowlers of the bowlers.
* How did you not see much of Mortaza but you saw Rafique and Razzak enough to comment?