• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Batsman of the World Cup 2007

Ash_A55

U19 Captain
Hayden or Jayasuria for me. Clarke has showed no end of promise and looks set to shine in the near future.

frey

School Boy/Girl Captain
Hayden has been the best by far. Symonds, Ponting and Gilchrist will also be spectacular as the Aussies breeze into the semis.

frey

School Boy/Girl Captain
Are you drunk?
Being a realist, it will be the Aussies and Sri Lanka in the final. Hayden, Gilchrist, Symonds and Ponting are world class big match players. Did you watch the recent Ashes series??? Did you watch the last few world cups?? Thanks.:laugh:

Ash_A55

U19 Captain
Being a realist, it will be the Aussies and Sri Lanka in the final. Hayden, Gilchrist, Symonds and Ponting are world class big match players. Did you watch the recent Ashes series??? Did you watch the last few world cups?? Thanks.:laugh:
Yes but i highlighted symonds name above others. I agree with you about Ponting, Hayden etc. But Symonds?? he got 157 in a test match. Collingwood made scores like that for fun at the start of the series. How can test match batting be that much of an indicator for a ODI WC? Symonds form this WC has been poor!

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Meaning he believes that Symonds will take the WC by storm :laugh:
Indeed. You seem quite focused on form.

Symonds is one of my most despised players - I hope he gets a duck every time he goes out to bat ITBT. However, he's a class act in ODIs and given his proven record, you can't just expect him to continue in a supposed bad patch of form forever. Particularly as he hasn't exactly come to the crease with a long time to bat yet, nor has he played many games.

Symonds could well end up having an ordinary world cup, but there's nothing to suggest he won't gun it from here until the end of the tournament and question someone's state of mind when they suggest it is way, way, way over the top, even if it is a joke.

frey

School Boy/Girl Captain
Yes but i highlighted symonds name above others. I agree with you about Ponting, Hayden etc. But Symonds?? he got 157 in a test match. Collingwood made scores like that for fun at the start of the series. How can test match batting be that much of an indicator for a ODI WC? Symonds form this WC has been poor!
Correct. Symonds is returning from major injury and therefore has not been one of the top batsmen of the ODI WC. He has only played one match. However, he is regarded by many Australians as the number one Australian one day player. When fit his fielding and batting in one day matches is regarded as the best of the Australians. We'll see how he shapes up in today's match. :laugh:

Ash_A55

U19 Captain
Correct. Symonds is returning from major injury and therefore has not been one of the top batsmen of the ODI WC. He has only played one match. However, he is regarded by many Australians as the number one Australian one day player. When fit his fielding and batting in one day matches is regarded as the best of the Australians. We'll see how he shapes up in today's match. :laugh:
Could have sworn he's played twice

frey

School Boy/Girl Captain
Could have sworn he's played twice

Just checked. He has played 3 matches and was required to bat in only two of them. In an hours time it is number 4, which is great in terms of him getting valuable :laugh: match practice.

frey

School Boy/Girl Captain
As I have only joined the forum tonight, has there been a thread on "Bowlers of the World Cup 2007"? If so, that would be interesting as well. All the best. :laugh:

Ash_A55

U19 Captain
As I have only joined the forum tonight, has there been a thread on "Bowlers of the World Cup 2007"? If so, that would be interesting as well. All the best. :laugh:
there is one about sri lankas bowling attack, debating if it is the best? I started a thread about the fastes bowlers too. hope that helps?

frey

School Boy/Girl Captain
there is one about sri lankas bowling attack, debating if it is the best? I started a thread about the fastes bowlers too. hope that helps?
Thanks. Greatly appreciated.

Are you able to watch the Aust v Eng match starting in a few moments? I'll view the first hour and then wake up early :laugh: for the concluding stages tomorrow morning.

Ash_A55

U19 Captain
Yes its live on Sky Sports 1, its only 2.19pm so I have all day. Just got an indoor cricket match that starts at 7, so I'm getting picked up at 6. So hopefully I wont miss too much. Ill be back for the conclusion though.

frey

School Boy/Girl Captain
That is great. Just heard that Vaughan won the toss and Eng batting first. :laugh: