• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

This whole rain thing is really becoming tedious now

Trigger_Tiger

U19 Captain

TBH, the West Indies and Sri Lanka are two coastal regions and seriously such BIG tournaments should not be held at such places where torrential climate may affect it.
I hope that when the WC 2011 does take place, that they would not hold much matches at Chittagong (if they do hold any there), because that is also asking for such trouble.

This is really becoming very pathetic. If this weather keeps up, I wonder what we should expect for the final!

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, the rain is ruining this tournament, they should go back to the good old days, and have the tournament in England every time. It hardly ever rains here:cool:

Isura

U19 Captain
I don't think it was rained since last night, it is just the wet outfield that is delaying things. How ********.

Trigger_Tiger

U19 Captain

I don't think it was rained since last night, it is just the wet outfield that is delaying things. How ********.
I don't understand why the grounds men did not act upon the wet field earlier in the morning. They have been absolutely lack-luster. Simply unacceptable :mad:!

Trigger_Tiger

U19 Captain

even Bermuda would have organized better world cup :D
I am beginning to think that could be very true :dry:!!!!!

Cricinfo commentary says:

Nick has an idea: "I notice there are a heap of Aussies at the ground. Just tell 'em the reason for the dampness is the nearby brewery leaking into the groundwater - they'll have the outfield sucked dry in no time" :laugh:!!!!!

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The fact that Bangladesh has had two of their games reduced to 21 and 22 overs respectively is rather unfortunate for them, but I do agree that it ruins the fun of the World Cup. If I get up early, I expect to be able to watch some cricket and not have to wait 2 hours to see if it will go ahead.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
they have a reserve day...why not use that? people who do come here to watch the cwc they come to watch odi's not 20/20s or they would just go the 20/20 wc...so i think they should never reduce a match less than 40 overs a side...may if its interrupted in the middle of the innings thats fine but never should they reduce it to anything less than 40 from the begining.

irfan

State Captain
they have a reserve day...why not use that? people who do come here to watch the cwc they come to watch odi's not 20/20s or they would just go the 20/20 wc...so i think they should never reduce a match less than 40 overs a side...may if its interrupted in the middle of the innings thats fine but never should they reduce it to anything less than 40 from the begining.
Teams don't want to have to use their reserve day as they have less time to recuperate and train fot their next match. The WI played 3 consecutive days of cricket when their innings got rained out against Australia which in all likelihood, played a factor in their loss to NZ.

Dark Hunter

State Vice-Captain
Teams don't want to have to use their reserve day as they have less time to recuperate and train fot their next match. The WI played 3 consecutive days of cricket when their innings got rained out against Australia which in all likelihood, played a factor in their loss to NZ.
So they can handle 4/5 days straight of 90 overs per day cricket, but not 2 days of 50 overs and one day of 100 overs?. They can't use that as an excuse, and tbf to the WI, they haven't. But i think just about all players would rather play a proper match than what we just saw in Aus v Ban. I know I would if I was playing. The reserve day is their for a reason, might as well use it.

SpinnaInATurban

Cricket Spectator
Is there any point me looking forward to todays match?

It's supposed to start in about 40 minutes, but I now know it's a mistake for me to just switch on the TV and actually expect to see anything.

Anyone have a heads up on whether we're looking at the customary six hour delay?