41. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

19 46.34%
  • no

22 53.66%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: does the super 8 go to long

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    The quarterfinal knockout system would be a good one in my books, that would mean that the tournament as a whole would be more exciting. However, a lot of people would complain and say things like "They had one bad game, they shouldn't be eliminated" if there were some minnow upsets, like Ireland beating Pakistan.
    The Future of International Cricket - Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravi Bopara, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan, Salman Butt, JP Duminy
    Proud Supporter of the Bangladeshi Tigers
    Ryan ten Doeschate - A Legend in the Making
    MSN: zacattack90@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Romance can be dealt with elsewhere - I just don't enjoy it in cricket.

yeah exactly...thats the reason the knockout format of the champions trophy was changed because australia complained...but if the format expands they should think about knock-out rounds because thats the only way to cut down on days and still include more teams...but there should always be a group stage 1st though...

I like the current format.

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
    Quote Originally Posted by LA ICE-E View Post
    because people complain that its not fair and all that crap when a team like india gets out...
    Ha, you are unbelievable. You couldn't prove how this tournament is fairer compared to previous ones, yet you still carry on like a spoiled prat.

wtf? i if you went back and read what i wrote...i never said it was fairer...i said it was better...i not doing anything like a spoiled brat...its just you because you think india and pakistan own cricket or something...anyways i was just saying what you would have said here anyway...that its not fair how the **** is that being a spoiled brat...

wtf? i if you went back and read what i wrote...i never said it was fairer...i said it was better...i not doing anything like a spoiled brat...
    When you use the words "people complain that its not fair and all that crap", it implies you think the current format is fairer than previous ones. Yet another instance of you backtracking.

its just you because you think india and pakistan own cricket or something...
    Way to generalise. So now pointing out that a particular format isn't fair enough for a tournament like the World Cup is thinking that "india and pakistan own cricket or something" ?? You make far too many assumptions to be taken seriously.

anyways i was just saying what you would have said here anyway...that its not fair how the **** is that being a spoiled brat...
    Really ? Since when were you authorised to speak for me ? If I have something to say, I'll say it myself. I don't need you putting a spin on what you think I might say. Comprehend that ?

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton B View Post
    When you use the words "people complain that its not fair and all that crap", it implies you think the current format is fairer than previous ones. Yet another instance of you backtracking.
    Hell no im not backtracking...I never implied the current one was fairer...we were talking about a quarterfinals not the current format...and when i say all that crap i mean all that complaining...

Really ? Since when were you authorised to speak for me ? If I have something to say, I'll say it myself. I don't need you putting a spin on what you think I might say. Comprehend that ?
    Who the said im speaking for you? I said whatever i felt like saying and so i pointed out the people like you would have complained about quarterfinals thats all...it thats not what you were going to say about quarterfinals...than go ahead say whatever..then im not talking about you but im talking about other people who will think its unfair...Comprehend?

No.
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    I also think that this system is the best way, because in order to qualify for the semi finals you have to beat the best. However, a quarterfinal knockout system would add more excitement to the tournament.

International Vice-Captain
    I think it's alright. The stage probably would have been more interesting with 8 competitive teams though.

nd when i say all that crap i mean all that complaining...
    And yet, funnily enough, you have still not shown why the supposed complaining is unwarranted.

Who the said im speaking for you?
    I did.

I said whatever i felt like saying and so i pointed out the people like you would have complained about quarterfinals thats all...it thats not what you were going to say about quarterfinals...than go ahead say whatever..then im not talking about you but im talking about other people who will think its unfair...Comprehend?
    If you're going to try and pre-empt what others are gong to be saying, you'd better be damned well prepared to face the heat and justify that stance, explaining why you feel their points are, in your own words, "crap". Unless you can do so, you can spare us the holier than thou attitude.

No,because 24 days is a long time for decant cricket.
    Well the Irish did it on St Patrick's day

Rip Fardin Qayyumi, Bob Woolmer and Craig.
    No offence Neil
    "No good thing ever dies." Andy Dufresne. The Shawshank Redemption.
    "Don't interupt the emeny when they're making a mistake" Napoleon

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton B View Post
    And yet, funnily enough, you have still not shown why the supposed complaining is unwarranted.
    . hhhmm because a tournament's main purpose is to provide excitement for the audience...its purpose is not to be fair....

I did.
    guess what? no, i know what i'm saying not you.

If you're going to try and pre-empt what others are gong to be saying, you'd better be damned well prepared to face the heat and justify that stance, explaining why you feel their points are, in your own words, "crap". Unless you can do so, you can spare us the holier than thou attitude.
    Listen, i said what i already heard from other people and will say whatever and i'll add my comment too. I already did many time...again i explained above that a tournament's purpose isn't to be fair for the other teams...

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marc71178 View Post
    The group stages aren't qualification though, they're part of the tournament.

What you're saying is the equivalent of saying the group stages of the 2010 World Cup should be in 2009.
    I'm saying the preliminary group stages shouldn't have been part of the tournament finals, they should have been part of the qualifying.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Which would then add in extra games.

And marginalise the smaller nations.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information