Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Underwhelming

ok 1st i can say being pretty sure that the format had nothing to do with mr. woolmer's death . they game might or might not have. Yeah Indian and Pakistani fans wouldn't like the format but I doubt the South Africans like the last format...ICC might not like it because big money is out but there was nothing they could do. If a team was to get out, no format change would keep them in.

Can't blame the format, I like it heaps. But there's no doubt that the WC, imo, would have been so much better with India and Pakistan in the Super 8s. I have no doubt about that at all. Obviously Ireland and Bangladesh going through is fair and they deserve it thoroughly, but will I be staying up for South Africa v Bangladesh tonight? Hell no. Would I have stayed up all night for South Africa v India? Hell yes.

Plus the poor crowds have been awful. There's such a big difference watching a match with a packed house and one that isn't. Just the buzz makes it awesome. That's been missing and it's killing it. Also the matches have been pretty boring. Even SL v England was dire till the end.

I miss Test match cricket so much itbt.
    Last edited by pasag; 07-04-2007 at 04:40 AM.
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

Yep, agreed. If this is the showcase of ODI cricket, Test cricket is certainly not under threat.
    - Winner of the 2011 and 2012 CricketWeb AFL tipping competition

- Winner of the 2011, 2012 and 2013 CricketWeb NRL tipping competition

School Boy/Girl Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Can't blame the format, I like it heaps. But there's no doubt that the WC, imo, would have been so much better with India and Pakistan in the Super 8s.
    Contradictory there pasag

Not really contradictory...the fact that lesser teams were better than those two on the day has nothing to do with the format. I would probably rather have India and Pakistan there too (although Bangladesh are a massively talented team), but both Bangladesh and Ireland earnt their place in the Super 8 IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasgupta View Post
    Not really. He's just saying that the format is OK but would have preferred that, under this perfectly good format, Pakistan and India qualified.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    I miss Test match cricket so much itbt.
    Same here, am thoroughly looking forward to India touring England later in the year. Should be massive.
    The Future of International Cricket - Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravi Bopara, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan, Salman Butt, JP Duminy
    Proud Supporter of the Bangladeshi Tigers
    Ryan ten Doeschate - A Legend in the Making
    MSN: zacattack90@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Romance can be dealt with elsewhere - I just don't enjoy it in cricket.

well everything seems to be going wrong this world cup but you can blame everything but the format...hopefully they do a better job with the 20/20 wc. But like nicholas said there's still time to fix the rest of it but will they?

Nope as Howardj and Ed said.

Was is it with cricket officials and ground admin being so heavy handed? It's like they view every spectator as a potential terrorist. It's absolutely ridiculous. The fun is really being taken out of going to the ground.

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Let me take it a step further and say the fatal flaw led to Bob Woolmer's death then
    I'm just wondering... doesn't match all the usual signs, and there was another account at the time... I won't post the pic 'cos I'm not that sure, but how about in IP-check?
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

Quote Originally Posted by howardj View Post
    Was is it with cricket officials and ground admin being so heavy handed? It's like they view every spectator as a potential terrorist. It's absolutely ridiculous. The fun is really being taken out of going to the ground.

The high ticket prices, the no parking withing 300 yards of the ground, the restrictions on musical instruments and various other things (you can't leave the stadium and go back in, for instance after a massive rain delay) and heavy handed security generally, the official sponsors rip-off tents (three times normal prices) etc. that are the only source of food and drink.

I'd imagine most of these stem from the ICC. The ICC is a clueless dictatorship with no interest in cricket that seemingly no-one can do anything about.
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Perm View Post
    Same here, am thoroughly looking forward to India touring England later in the year. Should be massive.
    Is that in july?
    Proudly supporting pink bat grips

The best FC player in the dev league

189 on debut

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash_A55 View Post
    Is that in july?
    I think so, you may have to check the ICC Future Tours Program though. I know India are playing Bangladesh before they go to England.

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    It's after WI tour here - in July, August and September.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread Information