Cricket Player Manager
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Underwhelming

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    It was bound to happen, with people having such high expectations of the West Indies, despite a lak of evidence suggesting they could be a major force unless everything clicked for them, which was always unlikely to happen.
    The Future of International Cricket - Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravi Bopara, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan, Salman Butt, JP Duminy
    Proud Supporter of the Bangladeshi Tigers
    Ryan ten Doeschate - A Legend in the Making
    MSN: zacattack90@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Romance can be dealt with elsewhere - I just don't enjoy it in cricket.

International Vice-Captain
    Yeah, however good it was for Bangladesh and Ireland to get through, it's hard not to admit that if India and Pakistan were still in, the Super 8 would probably have been a lot more interesting and competitive.

enuff bout india and pakistan.. they suck at the moment.. they dont deserve to be there.. end of story.

TBH before this world cup started there was only 4 teams i thought had any chance

- The Tri Nations Countries (for those not in them.. New Zealand, Australia, South Africa)
    - Sri Lanka

The cricket has been fine..... its the grounds.. the atmosphere.. and above everything.. the ICC for messing it all up.

its good to see the news orgs starting to stick it to the ICC over it all

School Boy/Girl Captain
    This WC has been an unmitigated disaster. Obviously the murder overshadows everything, but the lack of crowds due to over-pricing and the fact that 2 of the "money" sides got knocked out due to a fatal flaw in this pool system where a minnow can execute a major side in 1 game have, along with a multitude of other things, spoiled it really. Hope the game we love can learn from it.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Funny how nobody thought that this was a "fatal" flaw before the Tournament isn't it?

If sides can't beat the likes of Ireland then they don't deserve to go through, and have only themselves to blame, not "the system"
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by The Baconator View Post
    Yeah, however good it was for Bangladesh and Ireland to get through, it's hard not to admit that if India and Pakistan were still in, the Super 8 would probably have been a lot more interesting and competitive.
    It has actually made the Super 8 a bit more interesting for me personally, as I have a chance to see the Irish and Bangladeshi cricketers in action since Sky TV didn't cover all of the group matches. Of course the standard of cricket has been compromised and this was always likely to be the case with a nation from outside the major 8 going through past pool play.

Quote Originally Posted by marc71178 View Post
    Funny how nobody thought that this was a "fatal" flaw before the Tournament isn't it?

If sides can't beat the likes of Ireland then they don't deserve to go through, and have only themselves to blame, not "the system"
    Exactly, nobody from what I can remember was complaining previous to the tournament starting. It was all assumed that Pakistan would beat Ireland and that India would beat Bangladesh.

no one would have complained either if big money wasn't out.

School Boy/Girl Captain

Let me take it a step further and say the fatal flaw led to Bob Woolmer's death then

uh that really isn't a smart comment as the game had nothing to with it...as far as we know...

School Boy/Girl Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by LA ICE-E View Post
    uh that really isn't a smart comment as the game had nothing to with it...as far as we know...
    Pakistan's exit from the tournament led to Bob Woolmer's death...Pakistan's exit was due to one upset....you do the math

No concrete evidence has been provided saying that Woolmer's death was a direct result of Pakistan being eliminated, although it would be folly and naivety trying to argue that the two had no connection.

School Boy/Girl Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Perm View Post
    No concrete evidence has been provided saying that Woolmer's death was a direct result of Pakistan being eliminated, although it would be folly and naivety trying to argue that the two had no connection.
    indeed...I'm not quite as diplomatic though Perm. It was a direct result.

We'll see.

Well said.

I consider this format easily the best since I started watching cricket in 1996.

School Boy/Girl Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by _Ed_ View Post
    Well said.

I consider this format easily the best since I started watching cricket in 1996.
    I doubt whether you'll find many Indians, Pakistani's or accountants involved in this cup will agree with you, not to mention Woolmer's family and friends
    Last edited by Dasgupta; 07-04-2007 at 05:21 AM.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information