• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which one of the minnow teams will make it to the semis

Which of these minnow teams have any chance of making it to the semis?

• England

Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Ireland

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Bangladesh

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • None

Votes: 14 42.4%

• Total voters

tigerPassion

School Boy/Girl Captain
Kenya, Zimbabwe and India which made the super six stage last time were embarrassingly knocked out by England, Ireland and Bangladesh respectively this time around. But do these teams really have any chance of making it to the last four stage. None of these teams are carrying over any points to the Super Eight so I guess it would really tough for any of these 3 minnow teams to make it to the semis. So the fight for the semis should most likely be limited to the Top 5 comprising of Australia, Sri lanka, South Africa, West Indies and New Zealand.

Tomm NCCC

International 12th Man
Nice Touch, you have to laugh really. :laugh:

Ireland have a good chance, as do the plcuky English side

Athlai

Not Terrible
Bangladesh has a chance. A couple teams could win every thing and the rest of the teams could fumble, and in that scenario Bangledesh has enough class to scrape through.

It wouldn't be pretty, but there is a chance.

Not England though. Never England. :laugh:

pup11

International Coach
I think New Zealand and Australia are all but through to the semi-finals since they already have 2 points and the added luxury of playing against Ireland and Bangladesh where 4 easy points (easier compared to getting points against other stronger teams) are for the taking.

As for the minnows (including England) i don't see any of them reaching the semis and if they do then hats off to them.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
I think New Zealand and Australia are all but through to the semi-finals since they already have 2 points and the added luxury of playing against Ireland and Bangladesh where 4 easy points (easier compared to getting points against other stronger teams) are for the taking.

As for the minnows (including England) i don't see any of them reaching the semis and if they do then hats off to them.
you need atleast 8 points to go to the semis and even then it would come down to NRR

LA ICE-E

State Captain
yeah basically, they just have to beat one more team beside bangladesh and ireland....thats why it was crucial for the winner of aus vs sa because who ever won that match was pretty much into the semis

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well common sense made me go England, as they do have a chance, as the poll asked. I doubt they will make it though.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
for me the best thing that could happen now in the supper 8 would be the minnows making it to the semis- WI vs Ireland Eng vs Bangladesh in the semis...i guy can dream cant he?