• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Vincent - Out of the WC 2007 bcoz of Wrist Injury

Natman20

International Debutant
Hamish was in very good county form in 2006 but yet failed miserably when he returned to the international scene. I dont think we will see anything spectacular from him. He might make it to double figures once or twice.

His NZ domestic form does not mean he will be able to score runs to the extent of his domestic form. BTW he has averaged 54 with 700 or so runs in first-class this season. He has shown form too many times but isnt consistent enough to make him a mainstay in the NZ squad.

Last edited:

Fiery

Banned
Fulton, when we look at his last 10 performances, we can see that he always crossed 25 runs in most cases. What more do you need for your opener who promises u 25 good runs and establishing good partnership
He hasn't done it opening though. Hope he can handle it

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
He hasn't done it opening though. Hope he can handle it
Yeah, as I said in another thread though, on these pitches, there isn't a lot technically different between opening and batting #3 in ODIs. His mental state will have to be a tad different, but I personally don't see why there would be much difference in this particular situation.

What will be a worry though, is if Taylor doesn't recover properly, and Hamish Marshall plays...

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hamish Marshall primed to play a blinder.

Either of "...of an innings" or "...of a long hop onto his stumps". I firmly believe he's going to shine if given the chance to play.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Hamish Marshall primed to play a blinder.

Either of "...of an innings" or "...of a long hop onto his stumps". I firmly believe he's going to shine if given the chance to play.
Is this like your Vettori>Fulton posts, or are you actually serious this time?

_Ed_

He actually batted three in his first 3 innings at home to Sri Lanka (scoring 17, 28 and 75) but yeah, no way can you say someone's poor because they can't open in Tests when they're not an opener.
You're right, forgot about those matches.

MoxPearl

State Vice-Captain
Marshall !???!?!?!?!?!?!

O geez...... selectors have been on the vodka again imho..

Yes hes a good fielder.. but so is harris.. and harris can bowl... and no one can be worse than marshall... oh geez :(

Hope im wrong.. but really...

Fiery

Banned
He's in pretty good nick and has scored truckloads of runs in State cricket so I'm hopeful he can get over his lean trot in internationals...he had a classy start to his career.

_Ed_

When Marshall was last in good form playing for NZ I strongly believed he was our best ODI batsman, and he had an average in the mid-40s.

Looking at his average of 26.92 now I realise just how long ago that was. It really has been quite an impressive slump.

I'm hoping that since he's been in good form for Northern and hasn't exactly had much time to think about all this, he might be able to just slide into Friday's game and carry on the good work.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Bearing in mind I don't think the replacement is going to play all that many games (aside from the Windies one while Taylor is out), I don't see the concern with having a very good fielder in the form of Marshall there. And besides, he's going alright with the bat at the moment.

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
When Marshall was last in good form playing for NZ I strongly believed he was our best ODI batsman, and he had an average in the mid-40s.

Looking at his average of 26.92 now I realise just how long ago that was. It really has been quite an impressive slump.

I'm hoping that since he's been in good form for Northern and hasn't exactly had much time to think about all this, he might be able to just slide into Friday's game and carry on the good work.

Exactly said,,but would want him to carry on..thats needed..all the best wishes to him

corza_nz

School Boy/Girl Captain
it was always a real shame when marshall started his awful slump in form coz when he was playin well he was one of nz's best batsmen and was my favourite player. so i really hope he will do well if given the chance and i have a good feeling he will.