• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Providence Stadium - Still Not Ready

Rich2001

International Captain
Thread to discuss this news article - Providence Stadium - Still Not Ready

You would think that the WC guys might have stepped in just a tad ealier than two and a half days before the first game but if they aren't ready it's going to cause just a small amount of termoil with all the travel, hotel and a few upset fans :unsure:

LA ICE-E

State Captain
from what i know thats how the west indians do it...all in the last minute kind of like me...but its ok as long as they pull it off

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
:laugh: whoooooosh!

I was just saying your "Manchester" would do well to change to "Guyana"...

LA ICE-E

State Captain
well on the ticket itself guarantees refunds if something like that happens, but its not my headache my pops will deal with that..
would you get refund if you couldn't make it for like visa problems? just wondering...

Rich2001

International Captain
would you get refund if you couldn't make it for like visa problems? just wondering...
Didn't the Windies set up a special visa for the World Cup to allow movement around the different venues?

EDIT: Yes they did

CARICOM Special Visa

Nine Caribbean countries will be hosting the ICC Cricket World Cup (ICC CWC 2007) during March-April, 2007. These countries are all members of the 16-member Caribbean Community (CARICOM) . Between February 1st and May 15th, 2007, a CARICOM Special Visa will be required of some visitors to Dominica and the nine Caribbean countries hosting CWC 2007.

This Special Visa is a critical component of the security measures being introduced to safeguard both visitors to and residents of the Region during CWC 2007. Holders of the Special Visa will be able to move freely between the ten host countries without further immigration formalities after they arrive at any one of the host countries.

The Caribbean countries requiring a CARICOM Special Visa for Cricket World Cup 2007 are:

Antigua & Barbuda Barbados
Dominica Grenada
Guyana Jamaica
St. Kitts & Nevis Saint Lucia
St. Vincent &
The Grenadines Trinidad & Tobago

Nationals from the following countries do not need a Caricom Special Visa. Canada France & OCTs
Germany Ireland
Italy Japan
The Netherlands & OCTs United Kingdom & Dependent Territories
South Africa Spain
United States & Dependent Territories Nationals and residents of CARICOM Member States (Except HAITI)

Nationals of all other countries not listed above will need a Caricom Visa.

Last edited:

LA ICE-E

State Captain
yeah but some people had problems getting their passports back in time so couldn't make it to the WI, do they get refund?

Rich2001

International Captain
yeah but some people had problems getting their passports back in time so couldn't make it to the WI, do they get refund?
Oh right, not sure on the answer on that one - but I would imagine that as it wasn't their fault they could.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
well for me thats not going to be a issue since i'll be moving throught the two countries with a Trinidadian passport. Again my father has got to deal with that visa issue..

marc71178 said:
I'm guessing that the refund doesn't include flights out and hotels though...
hotels no, since i'll be at family in Barbados & a family friend in guy..