• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Chris Martin replaces Tuffey

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
:laugh: at Liam and Rob here, TBH. It's something that can never be truly resolved. Myself and tec had this-'un 50 or 60 times.
Well I gave up fairly quickly, once I realised that we essentially had the same opinions on Butler but disagreed on how the word "potential" should be used. Not only is the argument unresolvable as you said, but it's also unfit for a cricket forum and completely unimportant IMO. For the record, I still disagree with him, but it's not worth it. :p

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
From what I saw of him, pace was the only basis of his potential. There are many quick bowlers who will never amount to anything, so I wouldn't say he had "quite a lot of potential".
I can only assume you saw very little of him before his injury then

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I thought he swore never again to pick-up a cricket-bat and devoted his time exclusively to racing?

Ah... no... that was Nasser Hussain... :wallbash:8-)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
:laugh: Richardson was the racer. The slowcoach-racing, remember?

Wasn't referring to Hussain with the racing.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Hussain said he'd never pick-up a bat again unless he was shopping the day he announced his retirement.

Richarson raced someone from near enough every team - not just Giles for us. Kaneria for Pakistan, Lehmann for Aus, McKenzie (!!) for SA... etc.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
It means he was a left-handed bowler\batsman, though. Not is.

Anyway - not really important. :)

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
It means he was a left-handed bowler\batsman, though. Not is.

Anyway - not really important. :)
He still is left handed though - whether he bats or bowls. Or even has for that matter.

And you're right, it's not important, but you know better than anyone else that it can be irresistable to post when you know you still have something to add...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yes, I do indeed - that's why I said we better leave it there before we start going round in completely pointless circles again. Just to demonstrate that we now know better than that. :)