• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Top Captain Of The Super 8

Top Performing Cap

• Total voters

Athlai

Not Terrible
Which captain do you think will end up performing in the Super 8?

(I have placed Bang here in front of India because they are most likely the ones to get through.)

Athlai

Not Terrible
Looking good with the bat so far are

, Avg (WC2007) HS (WC2007)

Lara 81 44*
Smith 77.3 91
Ponting, 75.7, 113
Jayawardene, 46, 85
Fleming 44.3 66

Not so good

Vaughan 24 45
O'Brien 21.5 17
Bashar 9.5 18

Athlai

Not Terrible
I was actually quite surprised to see so many captains firing at this stage.

Especially Fleming, always a good sign when Fleming gets through the 20's and 30's

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
Fleming///// He is the sharp captain that cricket had ever had!

He is a gun......... Comon Fleming

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The great thing for New Zealand is that Stephen Fleming has been scoring runs so far at this World Cup, I don't think any has every doubted his tactical nous but it's always been run-scoring that has personally let him down.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Average in the sense that they deserve to make their team, but aren't stars of ODI cricket. Its often mistaken that they are very good in that form.

That being said, doesn't necessarily mean he won't do well. He thrives as a captain does Jayawardene. I remember his face after SL scored 254 against India, that looks was like "Yep we've got enough." Was intimidating. Good for SL cricket.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Average in the sense that they deserve to make their team, but aren't stars of ODI cricket. Its often mistaken that they are very good in that form.
That's true, but if Sri Lanka had a full fit array of batsman to choose from, Jayawardene would be lucky to sneak in and that would be if the captaincy wasn't an issue.

That being said, doesn't necessarily mean he won't do well. He thrives as a captain does Jayawardene. I remember his face after SL scored 254 against India, that looks was like "Yep we've got enough." Was intimidating. Good for SL cricket.
Don't get me wrong, I rate Jayawardene as a captain reasonably highly. However I think he's a very average ODI player, his stats as captain aren't too shabby though.

oz_fan

International Regular
I went with Lara. He'll be on his home grounds and will want to finish his ODI career off on a high.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Depends what you mean by performing, obviously. I'd say the best bet to contribute as a player would obviously be Ponting, as he's in awesome touch and is the best batsman in the world. In terms of tactics that's pretty hard to guess, but I suppose Fleming and Vaughan are the best bets, followed by Ponting and Jayawardene.