• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Top Captain Of The Super 8

Top Performing Cap

• Total voters

Flem274*

123/5
Yup! That gives SL the edge of retaining him as a captain for atleast another 3-4 years if things go well under him in the immediate future :)!
It will be interesting to see how he goes when the older bowlers in the unit like Murali and Vaas retire. When he has to work with guys like Fernando and Maharoof and thier bowling under pressure we will see how good he really is, which will probably be quite good. He seems to have a good head on his shoulders.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
He's still crap IMO, just played a very good knock.
If he's crap, what are your Strauss, Vaughan etc.?

Jayawardene is a serviceable ODI batsman, not a star however but is mentally tough enough, and has the game to win ODIs for his team. Not as regularly as Sanga or Jayasuriya for example, but I think crap is very harsh.

Mind you, had Leverock never dropped him first ball when SL played Bermuda I wonder if Jayawardene would have been batting this well. He was in crap form and low on confidence, and now he's just batting supremely well.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I voted Basher because I was enraged to see him having fewer votes than Vaughan :)

pup11

International Coach
And all this time i thought Vaughan was in the English side due to his captaincy skills.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If he's crap, what are your Strauss, Vaughan etc.?

Jayawardene is a serviceable ODI batsman, not a star however but is mentally tough enough, and has the game to win ODIs for his team. Not as regularly as Sanga or Jayasuriya for example, but I think crap is very harsh.

Mind you, had Leverock never dropped him first ball when SL played Bermuda I wonder if Jayawardene would have been batting this well. He was in crap form and low on confidence, and now he's just batting supremely well.
I meant crap compared to his ability as a Test batsman, people seem like lump him along with Younis Khan and call both very good batsman, mainly due to their Test exploits. Commentators are especially bad at this.