• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Catch Of The Tournament

readie

State Regular
I haven't been able to see much of the world cup so far ( No Pay TV :@ ) but my favourite so far was Dwayne Leverock's against Sri Lanka.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Agreed.

Andrew Flintoff's one against NZ was pretty special too.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bravo pulled off a stunner off his own bowling v Pakistan. But given Leverock's size and that he'd dropped two sitters in the game before, I'd call his the finest of the tournament to date.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Leverock's and Flintoff's, and then daylight. Few candidates after that, but those two are clearly the best so far.

Flintoff's was an absolute stunner, and was probably a little better, but the other one was Leverock...

foe

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Leverock's catch was amazing...but there was an incredible catch by Trent Johnson in the Ireland vs pakistan match

Poker Boy

State Vice-Captain
I'd probably say Trent Johnson's actually..IMO Leverock's catch belongs in the most surprisnig category but if it was say Flintoff that held it it wouldn't have ben a surprise. PS - someone (I think it might have been David "start the car" Lloyd) was talikng about Dwayne Leverock going wider at slip - it remined me of something that was meant to have happened on an England tour whwn captain Gower asked Chris Cowdery if he wanted Mike Gatting wider at slip and he's meant to have said "if Gatt gets any wider he'd burst":laugh: but Gatt is a size zero compared to Leverock. BTW, when Leverock went down to earth did it register on the Richter scale?. Sorry we've had enough Leverock jokes now...

PhoenixFire

International Coach
You don't get much better than an obese prison van driver diving full length to take a catch. His stomach was mesmerising when it went.

Tomm NCCC

International 12th Man
The catches are both brilliant, but lets look at it this way

Flintoff - Atheltic, International superstar. Has played against all the worlds best, and is dubbed the worlds best player - Has won the ashes, and the commonwealth bank trophy.

Leverock - Fat ****

Leverock wins

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
RtD's catch versus Ponting was awesome
and de Leede catch against scotland was good aswell!

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Maybe I am biased but Vaas's stunner off a full blooded drive from Uthappa was one which changed the flow and course of the game , and the same could be said for Murali's running catch off Ganguly. If neither of those stunners had been held , India would've easily won the game.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Both Leverock and Murali's catches are being hyped up a little bit because of their fielding prowess, or lack of. Nevertheless, I'll go for Leverock's.

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
Both Leverock and Murali's catches are being hyped up a little bit because of their fielding prowess, or lack of. Nevertheless, I'll go for Leverock's.
Hello! Murali is always a good fielder!