• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

India's chances...

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Well I got this from another forum... But quite shocking, and interesting tbh... (Not sure if everything is correct though, could someone verify :unsure:)

Year 1981
1. Prince Charles got married
2. Liverpool crowned Champions of Europe
3. Australia lost the Ashes
4. Pope Died

2 years later India won the world Cup!!!

Year 2005
4. Pope Died

2 years later will India win the world Cup ?

1982 Football World Cup won by Italy
1983 Cricket World Cup won by India

2006 Football World Cup won by Italy
2007 Cricket World Cup: INDIA ?

In 1983 India prevented West Indies from a hat-trick victory... Can India prevent Australia this time around....?

Either this will happen or...

Attachments

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Though hate to break the chain, but Australia didn't lose The Ashes in 1981 - England retained them.

Mind, I've more than once compared 1981 to 2005 in terms of Australia's relative positioning and regaining them the next time, even before they actually did in 2006\07.

Nishant

International 12th Man
Well I got this from another forum... But quite shocking, and interesting tbh... (Not sure if everything is correct though, could someone verify :unsure:)

Year 1981
4. Pope Died

Year 2005
4. Pope Died

In 1983 India prevented West Indies from a hat-trick victory... Can India prevent Australia this time around....?

unbelievable.....definitely more confident abt tommorow!...no seriously!

MoxPearl

State Vice-Captain
Cricket World Cup 2007 : New Zealand
Rugby World Cup 2007 : New Zealand
Americas Cup : New Zealand

:cool: :cool: :cool:

Raghav

International Vice-Captain

Year 1981
4. Pope Died

Year 2005
4. Pope Died

Hats off to the one whi wrote this! Really shocked with the way they analysed and regrouped the history.

Crazy

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sorry mate, Pope JP I died in 1978 iirc (sadly I'm old enough to recall).

As for the title of this forum, "India's chances" - slim frankly, based on what they have shown thus far.

Still, they have some great players so who knows, but at the moment, I don't think they'll win it unless Sachin gets going and they move Dravid back to 3 permanently and stop thinking Dhoni is really top shelf, coz he hasn't proven that he is by a long shot.

Edit: and if their attitude is reflected by Yuvraj yawning for about 30 seconds on the field while Bangladesh closed in on a victory, well, they will go no where.

adharcric

International Coach
Burgey said:
Edit: and if their attitude is reflected by Yuvraj yawning for about 30 seconds on the field while Bangladesh closed in on a victory, well, they will go no where.
Oh please. He was sleepy.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Still, they have some great players so who knows, but at the moment, I don't think they'll win it unless Sachin gets going and they move Dravid back to 3 permanently and stop thinking Dhoni is really top shelf, coz he hasn't proven that he is by a long shot.
How hasn't he proven himself? He's done enough so far to be regarded as an excellent ODI batsman.

i_cricket

Cricket Spectator
Add another in the coincidences:

1979: Canada qualified for the World Cup
2003: Canada qualified for the World Cup again