• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sarfraz claims Woolmer "murdered"

Dravid

International Captain
Just saw this on TV. News JUST came out. Anyone that gets Ajj tak, Zee news star news geo news w.e go check. They just said that they found out he was murdered. Don't have a link yet but will provide one as soon as one is available

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I thought they said the autopsy was unclear? How can that change in a few hours?

Dravid

International Captain
I thought they said the autopsy was unclear? How can that change in a few hours?
As far as I know, that was done in the afternoon. I'm not understanding clearly what they are saying on the news but they are saying he was murdered and are talking about some kind of match fixing.

Natman20

International Debutant
False information. Ci says that there were a couple marks on his neck that may be suspicious but his family still believes he died of natural causes.

Dravid

International Captain
False information. Ci says that there were a couple marks on his neck that may be suspicious but his family still believes he died of natural causes.
All the news stations saying they have just found poison in his body.

apuraja

Cricket Spectator
it was inzi

it was inzi!

wow .. this is amazing .. what a scandal .. the problem is that even if it is true, i fear that the news will be supressed by bribes $$$$ ..

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
it was inzi!

wow .. this is amazing .. what a scandal .. the problem is that even if it is true, i fear that the news will be supressed by bribes $$$$ ..
Is that what they're saying, fill me in cuz' I don't have any of these news channels :-O .

apuraja

Cricket Spectator
Certainly, the Jamaican police are convinced that Woolmer's death was not of natural causes. The police force's Deputy Commissioner Mark Shields has in fact said,

"The Major Investigation Task Force (MIT) has been asked to probe prescription drug and alcohol overdose theory. The Police treating sudden death as a homicide. Woolmer had received death threats from Pakistani fans, we are taking reports of death threats very seriously. The police questioning persons who met with Woolmer before his death."

So far the needle of suspicion may not be pointing towards the Pakistani team, which has one last match to play against Zimbabwe. But the police are also reportedly following up on another interesting lead provided by former cricket coach Sarfaraz Nawaz. Nawaz had said, "Woolmer may have been killed by those who wanted to silence him on the issue of match fixing."

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That statement from the family came before the news of suspected murder.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
The addition of match-fixing to it all, and Nawaz claiming he was going to reveal all is quite disturbing.

Fusion

Global Moderator
This is so incredibly unbelievable. I am shocked. If this is true....Oh My God! Rumors are flying all over the net. Sarfaraz Nawaz is saying that Woolmer was murdered by the bookies who wanted to silence him. Nawaz is fond of conspiracy theories though, so I don't know how to believe him. I read somewhere that the Indian channel Zee TV is reporting that the police are interrogating two people, including the team physio? Can anyone confirm seeing this on Zee TV?

apuraja

Cricket Spectator
ofcourse those of you form the subcontinent should know sarfraz is a publicity seeking big mouth # 1 so who the fck knows what's going on !