Cricket Player Manager
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Sarfraz claims Woolmer "murdered"

This is just ****ing attrocious. There's some ****ing scum on this planet.
    The one, the only CW Black
    Code:
    47.3 W Coppinger to Heads 
        Smacked the ball straight into the groin of Iwuajoku who has fallen over, 
        miraculously with the ball still caught in his scrotal area! Out!

Any further news?

Some sick people in the world, the sort of stuff that makes you lose faith in humanity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Mitch Johnson is ****ing awesome for cricket.
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Ponting's ability to ton up in the first innings of a series should not be understated. So much pressure, so important. What a great!

U19 Debutant
    Indian news channels seem like the type to humble american tabloids.

The hell they end up writing a story based on speculation. Jeez.

still scratching around in the same old hole
    British Sky News still reporting it as being called 'suspicious'
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there is bound to be edits

West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

Happy Birthday! (easier than using Birthday threads)

Email and MSN- Goughy at cricketmail dot net

Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dravid View Post
    All the news stations saying they have just found poison in his body.
    One should know better than to trust STAR NEWS, AAJ TAK and other such channels. Almost all hindi news channels in India are liars.
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

Quote Originally Posted by apuraja View Post
    'Bob Woolmer knew it all'
    Cricket News / Ashish Shukla
    PrintCommentMail

PORT OF SPAIN, March 21: Former Pakistani paceman Sarfraz Nawaz has little doubt that the "death" of Bob Woolmer has been a conspiracy hatched by the underbelly of cricket, the betting mafia operational in the sub-continent.

Sarfraz drags everyone in the net: From Pakistan Cricket Board to captain Inzamam-ul-Haq, fellow Pakistani cricketers and even International Cricket Council (ICC) whom he describes as the fountainhead of betting mafia.

"I urge upon cricket nations to stop taking part in the ICC-held events. They are havens for match-fixers. ICC is actively promoting it," said Sarfraz.

However, what Sarfraz had to say on Woolmer's death probably overshadowed everything else.

"Bob must have seen how Pakistan team went about its business against West Indies. You could sense it from their body language that something was amiss. I believe he was writing a book and he would have come off with sensational disclosures.

"I surely feel that he has been bumped off. It was the betting mafia which eliminated Hansie Cronje. It was the same betting mafia which killed "Cadbury" the well-known bookie from Pakistan who later settled in South Africa. "Cadbury" body was cut into pieces. Now that has been the fate of Woolmer."

Sarfraz openly claimed that captain Inzamam-ul-Haq, along with Rana Naved-ul-Hasan, Mushtaq Ahmed, Mohammad Yousuf and Shoaib Malik were involved in betting.

"Rana Naved is being regularly promoted even though he doesn't deserve a place because of his recent poor performances. When Mushtaq was reappointed I straightaway went to PCB and questioned how they could keep a "dubious character" in seat. Shoaib, everyone knows, is in league with bookmakers."

Sarfraz said, so powerful were the bookmakers that they were actually helping appoint coaches, managers, selectors and even board officials in different countries.

The former Pakistan pacemen then targeted the ICC, the seat of international cricket.

"You look at pitches played in the Champions Trophy last year in India. All of them were unduly favouring the bowlers. The same has happened in this World Cup: bowlers have a field day in the initial phase of matches.

"ICC is actually tampering with the pitches so that even a minnow can upset a top team on their day. That's what exactly happened when India and Pakistan played first against Bangladesh and Ireland."

Former Pakistan leg-spinner and captain Abdul Qadir came out in support of Sarfraz and said it was time the charges laid by the tall former medium-pacer were seriously investigated.

"Every time he makes these charges, people tend to make fun of him. I don't think that's the right thing to do. Authorities should investigate the charges laid by Sarfraz because most of the time, he is able to predict things in advance. He had said before the tournament began that Pakistan could lose to West Indies and Ireland.

"That's exactly how it happened. Authorities should investigate it thoroughly: if Sarfraz is spreading wrong stories, he must be booked. Otherwise, his leads should be carefully followed by authorities."
    wow. thinking about all these. what would happen if everything sarfraz is saying is true? wow i am soo shocked.

Anyone who is concerned about Sarfraz's comments about Bob's supposed book needs to read all of his claims.

He is clearly a nutjob conspiracy theorist of the highest order and cannot be trusted.

Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    Sarfraz aside, the death was always naturally suspicious with regard to the timing and a few other things. Not hugely shocked that it appears that it's being officially investigated as such. At least, there seems to be a general concensus that the police are treating it as a homicide investigation.

Anyone have the full text of the press conference they gave this morning?
    I know a place where a royal flush
    Can never beat a pair

Haven't got a full text, but I heard one question during the press conference, which asked whether Woolmer was murdered - the police chief (who rather disturbingly looks like a younger Woolmer) said something along the lines of "all I will say is that we're treating it as suspicious".

Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    Fair enough. Clearly it's not just Sarfraz etc.

Well, I was kinda close:

``We have already informed the Woolmer family of this development and we are also in close contact with the Pakistan team management, Cricket World Cup and ICC to ensure all parties are kept informed of the ongoing investigation.''

Asked directly if Jamaica police were pursuing a murder investigation, Shield said: ``No, we are not saying that.''
    http://www.hindu.com/thehindu/holnus...0703211201.htm

And here's Mark Shields:

TIE Fighter Shooter Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by dontcloseyoureyes View Post
    This is just ****ing attrocious. There's some ****ing scum on this planet.
    Pretty much sums up my thoughts exactly.

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Oh what the ****!
    Forever 63* at the SCG

U19 Debutant
    Safraz Nawaz chats alot of BS i would take what he says with a pinch of salt.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Times now looks to be the biggest tabloid ever. They printed not only that he was murdered, but that it was related to the Ireland loss. How the hell would they know the latter, unless the Jamaican police figured out the whole story in 8 hours and leaked it to them. Ridiculous, I wouldn't pay any attention. I'll wait for the BBC report.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread Information