• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sarfraz claims Woolmer "murdered"

apuraja

Cricket Spectator
sarfraz navaaaz

'Bob Woolmer knew it all'
Cricket News / Ashish Shukla
PrintCommentMail

PORT OF SPAIN, March 21: Former Pakistani paceman Sarfraz Nawaz has little doubt that the "death" of Bob Woolmer has been a conspiracy hatched by the underbelly of cricket, the betting mafia operational in the sub-continent.

Sarfraz drags everyone in the net: From Pakistan Cricket Board to captain Inzamam-ul-Haq, fellow Pakistani cricketers and even International Cricket Council (ICC) whom he describes as the fountainhead of betting mafia.

"I urge upon cricket nations to stop taking part in the ICC-held events. They are havens for match-fixers. ICC is actively promoting it," said Sarfraz.

However, what Sarfraz had to say on Woolmer's death probably overshadowed everything else.

"Bob must have seen how Pakistan team went about its business against West Indies. You could sense it from their body language that something was amiss. I believe he was writing a book and he would have come off with sensational disclosures.

"I surely feel that he has been bumped off. It was the betting mafia which eliminated Hansie Cronje. It was the same betting mafia which killed "Cadbury" the well-known bookie from Pakistan who later settled in South Africa. "Cadbury" body was cut into pieces. Now that has been the fate of Woolmer."

Sarfraz openly claimed that captain Inzamam-ul-Haq, along with Rana Naved-ul-Hasan, Mushtaq Ahmed, Mohammad Yousuf and Shoaib Malik were involved in betting.

"Rana Naved is being regularly promoted even though he doesn't deserve a place because of his recent poor performances. When Mushtaq was reappointed I straightaway went to PCB and questioned how they could keep a "dubious character" in seat. Shoaib, everyone knows, is in league with bookmakers."

Sarfraz said, so powerful were the bookmakers that they were actually helping appoint coaches, managers, selectors and even board officials in different countries.

The former Pakistan pacemen then targeted the ICC, the seat of international cricket.

"You look at pitches played in the Champions Trophy last year in India. All of them were unduly favouring the bowlers. The same has happened in this World Cup: bowlers have a field day in the initial phase of matches.

"ICC is actually tampering with the pitches so that even a minnow can upset a top team on their day. That's what exactly happened when India and Pakistan played first against Bangladesh and Ireland."

Former Pakistan leg-spinner and captain Abdul Qadir came out in support of Sarfraz and said it was time the charges laid by the tall former medium-pacer were seriously investigated.

"Every time he makes these charges, people tend to make fun of him. I don't think that's the right thing to do. Authorities should investigate the charges laid by Sarfraz because most of the time, he is able to predict things in advance. He had said before the tournament began that Pakistan could lose to West Indies and Ireland.

"That's exactly how it happened. Authorities should investigate it thoroughly: if Sarfraz is spreading wrong stories, he must be booked. Otherwise, his leads should be carefully followed by authorities."

Fusion

Global Moderator
PrintCommentMail

PORT OF SPAIN, March 21: Former Pakistani paceman Sarfraz Nawaz has little doubt that the "death" of Bob Woolmer has been a conspiracy hatched by the underbelly of cricket, the betting mafia operational in the sub-continent.

Sarfraz drags everyone in the net: From Pakistan Cricket Board to captain Inzamam-ul-Haq, fellow Pakistani cricketers and even International Cricket Council (ICC) whom he describes as the fountainhead of betting mafia.
You know it's amazing how even though there is this vast betting conspiracy where people are silenced/murdered for speaking out, yet Sarfaraz hasn't been touched by the bookies all these years. He's been going on and on about this stuff for years, yet no harm has fallen him. The "betting mafia" must be really scared of Sarfaraz I guess. What a nut job. 8-)

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Any further news?

Some sick people in the world, the sort of stuff that makes you lose faith in humanity.

jack_sparrow

U19 Debutant
Indian news channels seem like the type to humble american tabloids. :dry:

The hell they end up writing a story based on speculation. Jeez.

haroon510

International 12th Man
PrintCommentMail

"I urge upon cricket nations to stop taking part in the ICC-held events. They are havens for match-fixers. ICC is actively promoting it," said Sarfraz.

However, what Sarfraz had to say on Woolmer's death probably overshadowed everything else.

"Bob must have seen how Pakistan team went about its business against West Indies. You could sense it from their body language that something was amiss. I believe he was writing a book and he would have come off with sensational disclosures.

"I surely feel that he has been bumped off. It was the betting mafia which eliminated Hansie Cronje. It was the same betting mafia which killed "Cadbury" the well-known bookie from Pakistan who later settled in South Africa. "Cadbury" body was cut into pieces. Now that has been the fate of Woolmer."

Sarfraz openly claimed that captain Inzamam-ul-Haq, along with Rana Naved-ul-Hasan, Mushtaq Ahmed, Mohammad Yousuf and Shoaib Malik were involved in betting.

"Rana Naved is being regularly promoted even though he doesn't deserve a place because of his recent poor performances. When Mushtaq was reappointed I straightaway went to PCB and questioned how they could keep a "dubious character" in seat. Shoaib, everyone knows, is in league with bookmakers."

Sarfraz said, so powerful were the bookmakers that they were actually helping appoint coaches, managers, selectors and even board officials in different countries.

The former Pakistan pacemen then targeted the ICC, the seat of international cricket.

"You look at pitches played in the Champions Trophy last year in India. All of them were unduly favouring the bowlers. The same has happened in this World Cup: bowlers have a field day in the initial phase of matches.

"ICC is actually tampering with the pitches so that even a minnow can upset a top team on their day. That's what exactly happened when India and Pakistan played first against Bangladesh and Ireland."

Former Pakistan leg-spinner and captain Abdul Qadir came out in support of Sarfraz and said it was time the charges laid by the tall former medium-pacer were seriously investigated.

"Every time he makes these charges, people tend to make fun of him. I don't think that's the right thing to do. Authorities should investigate the charges laid by Sarfraz because most of the time, he is able to predict things in advance. He had said before the tournament began that Pakistan could lose to West Indies and Ireland.

"That's exactly how it happened. Authorities should investigate it thoroughly: if Sarfraz is spreading wrong stories, he must be booked. Otherwise, his leads should be carefully followed by authorities."
wow. thinking about all these. what would happen if everything sarfraz is saying is true? wow i am soo shocked.

meatspx

U19 Cricketer
Anyone who is concerned about Sarfraz's comments about Bob's supposed book needs to read all of his claims.

He is clearly a nutjob conspiracy theorist of the highest order and cannot be trusted.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Sarfraz aside, the death was always naturally suspicious with regard to the timing and a few other things. Not hugely shocked that it appears that it's being officially investigated as such. At least, there seems to be a general concensus that the police are treating it as a homicide investigation.

Anyone have the full text of the press conference they gave this morning?

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Haven't got a full text, but I heard one question during the press conference, which asked whether Woolmer was murdered - the police chief (who rather disturbingly looks like a younger Woolmer) said something along the lines of "all I will say is that we're treating it as suspicious".

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Well, I was kinda close:

``We have already informed the Woolmer family of this development and we are also in close contact with the Pakistan team management, Cricket World Cup and ICC to ensure all parties are kept informed of the ongoing investigation.''

Asked directly if Jamaica police were pursuing a murder investigation, Shield said: ``No, we are not saying that.''
http://www.hindu.com/thehindu/holnus/000200703211201.htm

And here's Mark Shields: