Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Sarfraz claims Woolmer "murdered"

This is so incredibly unbelievable. I am shocked. If this is true....Oh My God! Rumors are flying all over the net. Sarfaraz Nawaz is saying that Woolmer was murdered by the bookies who wanted to silence him. Nawaz is fond of conspiracy theories though, so I don't know how to believe him. I read somewhere that the Indian channel Zee TV is reporting that the police are interrogating two people, including the team physio? Can anyone confirm seeing this on Zee TV?

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Still way too much speculation surrounding this for my liking.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

Cricket Spectator
    ofcourse those of you form the subcontinent should know sarfraz is a publicity seeking big mouth # 1 so who the fck knows what's going on !

Quote Originally Posted by apuraja View Post
    ofcourse those of you form the subcontinent should know sarfraz is a publicity seeking big mouth # 1 so who the fck knows what's going on !
    Please don't avoid the filter. It's there for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mxyzptlk View Post
    Still way too much speculation surrounding this for my liking.
    True. Apparently a news conference was just concluded in WI by the authorities regarding Woolmer. Did anyone catch the news conference and what was stated?

Quote Originally Posted by apuraja View Post
    Yeah Sarfaraz Nawaz is a certifiable nut. That's why I'm not placing any stock on what he says.

Match fixing makes no sense at all, a lost to WI is nothing out of the ordinary so i cant see that game as a match fix, plus once Ireland had tied with Zim, any contrived purpose lost to Ireland would have been called Off. other wise Pak wouldnt have been able to progess at all.

Quote Originally Posted by slugger View Post
    Match fixing makes no sense at all, a lost to WI is nothing out of the ordinary so i cant see that game as a match fix, plus once Ireland had tied with Zim, any contrived purpose lost to Ireland would have been called Off. other wise Pak wouldnt have been able to progess at all.
    Unless the bookie was working odds of Pakistan not advancing to the second round.
    I'd like to think it wasn't matchfixing though, for the sake of Pakistan cricket.

EDIT: Also worth noting that the match fixing scandal may not be at all linked to Pakistan's World Cup performances.
    Last edited by Mr Mxyzptlk; 20-03-2007 at 09:03 PM.

Cricket Spectator
    Senior sources in Jamaican police have confirmed to TIMES NOW that Pakistan team coach Bob Woolmer did not die a natural death but was murdered. The news, which first leaked out to the press in Pakistan, was yet to be confirmed by Jamaican police, however the Pakistan Cricket Board spokesperson P J Mir, apparently in damage control mode, scheduled a hurried press conference this morning in Kingston to address and clarify the issue (March 21).

The police and PCB team in Jamaica confirmed to TIMES NOW on Tuesday (March 20) that when autopsy took place, there were “strong indications” that it was murder, prompting authorities to announce that the results had been inconclusive.

Sources have told TIMES NOW that the PCB is upset over the news of the Woolmer homicide being splashed all over the media, saying it was against Jamaican law to give out information before Jamaican authorities did. The fact that one of the world’s most renowned cricket coaches was possibly murdered 36 hours after his team exited from the World Cup, would not only be a source of deep embarrassment for the PCB, but also have very serious implications on international cricket.

Additionally, the homicide conclusion opens the door to a host of possibilities as to the motive behind the murder - not the least of which is the alleged player-bookie nexus in Pakistan, which would have been dealt a heavy blow from the team’s exit from the World Cup.

Pak team to stay on

Pakistan cricket team members have also been questioned by police as to their whereabouts the time Woolmer was last seen alive. Police have in fact asked the team to stay back in Kingston for two days after their match with Zimbabwe so that investigations can continue unhampered.

“Suspicious” circumstances

Bob Woolmer was found on Sunday night (March 18, India time) in his hotel room unconscious and in a pool of vomit. He was pronounced dead on reaching the hospital. TIMES NOW sports editor Faisal Shariff spoke to the Pakistan team’s assistant manager Asad Mustafa, who commented that the circumstances in which Woolmer was discovered were “suspicious” from the start – not only was there vomit found, there were also indications that the coach had suffered from diarrhea, his blood sugar testing machine was found on the floor in the bathroom and there was blood on his cheek and eyes.

man this is geting ugly. so shocking

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mxyzptlk View Post
    EDIT: Also worth noting that the match fixing scandal may not be at all linked to Pakistan's World Cup performances.
    I think that's the point.

From what I undestand, Woolmer was going to mention past issues with match fixing in his upcoming book, so its not related to the WC.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

more news are coming or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    I think that's the point.

From what I undestand, Woolmer was going to mention past issues with match fixing in his upcoming book, so its not related to the WC.
    Understood from hearsay.

The whole article is hearsay, so that's a given.

Eeeek.
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information