Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 196 to 210 of 265

Thread: Sarfraz claims Woolmer "murdered"

  1. #196
    International Captain cover drive man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Liverpool, England
    Posts
    7,074
    I am shocked truly shocked.
    Everyone wants to change the world, noone wants to change himself.

    -Tolstoy

  2. #197
    U19 Debutant _TiGeR-ToWn_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Pub
    Posts
    392
    Quote Originally Posted by Poker Boy View Post
    How long before someone says that game was dodgy? (I'm not going to speculate but I bet someone will).
    Plenty of people I have spoken with, seen written on other forums etc have already suggested the game was dodgy. Maybe there might be a history there, but Ireland got them on a green wicket and bowled and field well. The only dodgy thing that game out of it was that they lost, hence why I think a bookmakers has gone after Woolmer (speculation that the murder/s were bookmakers/involved with bookmakers).

    Why the coach though? He wasn't on the pitch, he didn't have hardly any control as to what went on during the game. Why didnt they target the players? Or was it because of his book he was going to write.
    "I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying." MJ

  3. #198
    International Coach Barney Rubble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    All over the shop
    Posts
    10,190
    A friend of mine has just suggested that Woolmer was killed because he was about to expose some sort of match-fixing conspiracy. Seems to fit, although there's absolutely nothing substantial behind it.

  4. #199
    Hall of Fame Member Goughy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    All Over
    Posts
    15,027
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney Rubble View Post
    A friend of mine has just suggested that Woolmer was killed because he was about to expose some sort of match-fixing conspiracy. Seems to fit, although there's absolutely nothing substantial behind it.
    Well that has been the primiary rumour since his death. Certainly plausable
    Last edited by Goughy; 23-03-2007 at 07:02 AM.
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there is bound to be edits

    West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

    Happy Birthday! (easier than using Birthday threads)

    Email and MSN- Goughy at cricketmail dot net


  5. #200
    Hall of Fame Member steds's Avatar
    Breakout Champion!
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    ****ing cold and ****ing wet
    Posts
    17,200
    Quote Originally Posted by adharcric View Post
    Post reported.
    Post reported for not giving a reason to report the other post.

  6. #201
    International Captain
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,171
    Quote Originally Posted by steds View Post
    Post reported for not giving a reason to report the other post.
    Post reported for giving a chance to a new ****** to find atleast one well wisher on this forum !
    Proud member of Twenty20-Is-Boring Society.
    T2IBS Media relations officer
    T2IBS official face
    R.I..P ........ Fardin Qayuumi
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Good luck at the hospital.
    Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    Fraz is always the best option IMO
    frazbest@hotmail.com

  7. #202
    Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    18,950
    Quote Originally Posted by steds View Post
    Post reported for not giving a reason to report the other post.
    Post reported for misuse of the cadavers.
    I know a place where a royal flush
    Can never beat a pair

  8. #203
    Global Moderator Fusion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    11,298
    Quote Originally Posted by steds View Post
    Post reported for not giving a reason to report the other post.
    Perhaps you're being sarcastic, but it's fairly obvious why that post was reported. In fact, a lot of posts from that particular member are offensive and can be reported.

  9. #204
    Hall of Fame Member Sanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    16,230
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    Me and Pratyush had a long and expensive telephonic conversation yesterday and he can confirm that I don't sound like this guy from geo !!!!!!!!!!
    Relax, I didn't mean that it was you over the phone. I meant that his rant sounded similar to your recent rants on the forum about Inzi and Shoaib.

  10. #205
    The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    37,355
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

    How the Universe came from nothing

  11. #206
    Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    2005
    Posts
    80,401
    Quote Originally Posted by apuraja View Post
    bob is a big guy .. how likely is it that one person could strangle him in a busy hotel without attracting attention?

    i really suspect it was a "team" effort
    Quote Originally Posted by adharcric View Post
    Post reported.
    Quote Originally Posted by steds View Post
    Post reported for not giving a reason to report the other post.
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    Post reported for giving a chance to a new ****** to find atleast one well wisher on this forum !
    Quote Originally Posted by FaaipDeOiad View Post
    Post reported for misuse of the cadavers.
    Posts reported for insufferable chain-making.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

  12. #207
    Global Moderator Fusion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    11,298
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    Good. The players should all be tested, their statements taken, and their whereabouts at the time of murder confirmed. There have been some rumblings by some PCB officials of letting the team return home. If there is one thing Pakistan is good at, it's generating negative publicity for itself. This is a murder investigation. The team needs to stay there and cooperate with the authorities. There shouldn't be a SINGLE comment that even hints at the opposite. We should have nothing to hide and come home in due time. To be fair, I've read positive statements from most team members. But the media will focus on the one stray comment from a player/official asking to leave and term it as "guilty/nervous" behavior.

  13. #208
    International Coach adharcric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    San Francisco, California
    Posts
    10,898
    Quote Originally Posted by steds View Post
    Post reported for not giving a reason to report the other post.
    Try again.

  14. #209
    The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    37,355
    Quote Originally Posted by Fusion View Post
    Good. The players should all be tested, their statements taken, and their whereabouts at the time of murder confirmed. There have been some rumblings by some PCB officials of letting the team return home. If there is one thing Pakistan is good at, it's generating negative publicity for itself. This is a murder investigation. The team needs to stay there and cooperate with the authorities. There shouldn't be a SINGLE comment that even hints at the opposite. We should have nothing to hide and come home in due time. To be fair, I've read positive statements from most team members. But the media will focus on the one stray comment from a player/official asking to leave and term it as "guilty/nervous" behavior.
    Agreed. It's not like Pakistan have another series coming up soon. A man has died, and they need to stay until the authorities are satisfied that they have everything they need from the players. The PCB should get in front of this issue and release a statement saying that this is exactly what they will do. As you say, they get plenty of negative publicity...they don't need some more, especially given the situation.

  15. #210
    Hall of Fame Member Sanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    16,230
    http://www.cricketworldcuplatest.com...il--11787.html

    Pakistan captain Inzamam-ul-Haq was alerted and raced to the room with team management.

    Inzamam started trembling when he saw the body. He has barely slept since the incident and has told teammates he will never visit the West Indies again.

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 27
    Last Post: 14-03-2007, 06:12 AM
  2. Shoiab slapped Woolmer?
    By Dravid in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-11-2006, 02:38 AM
  3. Replies: 63
    Last Post: 09-11-2005, 11:36 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •