• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sarfraz claims Woolmer "murdered"

Majin

International Debutant
Yeah really. After trying to make sense of some of Richards theories, Fraz is no sweat at all.

:ph34r:

R_D

International Debutant
This really is horrible news :(
can't really say i'm that suprised to tell you the truth.. was hoping it wouldn't be true and that it was natural death rather than a murder.
Feel for Bob Woolmer's family, don't know what they'll be going through.
Hope the son of bitches that did this get found and punished badly.

FRAZ

International Captain
What the hell?!?
btw fusion I have seen you writing that Asif is a naive kid and Shoaib is a monster and I just read news in Urdu newspaper "Khabrain" that Asif had a clash with a notorious stage actress "Deedar" cuz he is trying to be flirty with another actress "Zara Sheikh"...
nuff said !!!
btw check out the showbiz section of paper !!!!

Fusion

Global Moderator
btw fusion I have seen you writing that Asif is a naive kid and Shoaib is a monster and I just read news in Urdu newspaper "Khabrain" that Asif had a clash with a notorious stage actress "Deedar" cuz he is trying to be flirty with another actress "Zara Sheikh"...
nuff said !!!
btw check out the showbiz section of paper !!!!
Sorry, but I usually don't pay attention to tabliods and their rumors. Anyway, the Asif/Shoaib comparison is for a different thread. All I can say is that if you think Asif is just as bad as Shoaib in terms of bad behavior, you are entitled to your opinion. I happen to strongly disagree.

FRAZ

International Captain
Sorry, but I usually don't pay attention to tabliods and their rumors. Anyway, the Asif/Shoaib comparison is for a different thread. All I can say is that if you think Asif is just as bad as Shoaib in terms of bad behavior, you are entitled to your opinion. I happen to strongly disagree.
No but you did say that Asif is a n aive kid ! Didn't you !

Fusion

Global Moderator
How reliable is the Hindustan times?
I don't know, but the sub-continental media is generally very unreliable. Yesterday, the media manager for Pakistan, Talat Ali, responded to these reports and said no players had been asked to stay.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Statement from Bob Woolmer's co-author says that no match fixing details were to be revealed in his upcoming book:

No match-fixing revelations in Woolmer's book: co-author LONDON, March 24 (AFP) Ivo Tennant, the co-author of murdered Pakistan cricket coach Bob Woolmer's planned book insisted Saturday that it would not have contained any explosive revelations on match-fixing. Writing in The Times newspaper, Tennant swiped at rumours that Woolmer was about to blow the whistle on corruption in the sport. “Rumours that Bob Woolmer was murdered because he was harbouring information on match-fixing or an association with corrupt bookmakers can be dismissed unequivocally,” Tennant wrote. (Posted @ 11:10 PST)

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Inzi and Mustaq Ahmed, being interviewed further by the police apparently, according to Radio5.

PY

International Coach
Inzi and Mustaq Ahmed, being interviewed further by the police apparently, according to Radio5.
Confirmed. :blink:

It can only be about something that Woolmer might have said to them or the fact they were first into the room when the body was found.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Confirmed. :blink:

It can only be about something that Woolmer might have said to them or the fact they were first into the room when the body was found.
That's what the team spokesman seems to think as well:

MONTEGO BAY, Jamaica (Reuters) - Pakistan captain Inzamam-ul-Haq and assistant coach Mushtaq Ahmed were being questioned by Jamaican police on Saturday investigating the murder of coach Bob Woolmer, the team spokesman said.

"We heard from our liaison officer that the police wanted to talk with Inzamam-ul-Haq and Mushtaq Ahmed -- those talks are going on now," Pervez Mir said.

"We'll just have to hear what the outcome is."

"We found out about 30 minutes ago while we were having lunch," Mir added. "We just heard that they had been asked and our manager is with them.

"We're just waiting to hear the outcome of their report and we are complying with whatever necessary questions they have.

"If there is something that they haven't asked (already) I'm sure it's not going to be a big deal."

The seven-week World Cup culminates in the Barbados final on April 28.

source: Reuters

PY

International Coach
That's what the team spokesman seems to think as well:

MONTEGO BAY, Jamaica (Reuters) - Pakistan captain Inzamam-ul-Haq and assistant coach Mushtaq Ahmed were being questioned by Jamaican police on Saturday investigating the murder of coach Bob Woolmer, the team spokesman said.

"We heard from our liaison officer that the police wanted to talk with Inzamam-ul-Haq and Mushtaq Ahmed -- those talks are going on now," Pervez Mir said.

"We'll just have to hear what the outcome is."

"We found out about 30 minutes ago while we were having lunch," Mir added. "We just heard that they had been asked and our manager is with them.

"We're just waiting to hear the outcome of their report and we are complying with whatever necessary questions they have.

"If there is something that they haven't asked (already) I'm sure it's not going to be a big deal."

The seven-week World Cup culminates in the Barbados final on April 28.

source: Reuters
And confirmed again: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/6492279.stm

Excellent news, I didn't like thinking of some of the headlines if it hadn't been such a smooth operation. :)

Pakistan can fly home and regroup hopefully.